Auto Reply to Incoming Emails - Yay or Nay?

Should affiliate programs use an auto response message?

• Yes, I like to know that you received my email. It is a good while I wait for a human.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No, I hate those things. I want an answer, but from a human.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nicolas-Johnson

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Recently a co-worker was telling me that the auto response I have set up so that when someone emails me they can know I got it and will reply ASAP, is more annoying than it can possibly bring benefit.

So I want to know from YOU, the affiliate community, what you prefer? Should I have an auto response so you all know I got your email, or would you rather get nothing until you get a human response?

Engineer

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would rather get nothing. I'm disappointed when I open a message and it says, "We received your message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible." Emails like that only waste time and clutter my mailbox. Granted, it's only a few seconds and 1 or 2 kilobytes, but still....

My 2 cents. :rolleyes:

NDN

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I vote annoying for some and worth having for others.

I think if the person you are dealing with has a record of quick communication (which would be the case with you Nicolas) then there is no need for the auto-reply.

However, for some of the groups who have a record of taking ages to respond (or those who aren't in the office on a daily basis responding to emails), it's nice to know that at least they received my email and they can't use the "we never got your email" excuse.

Renee

Reaction score
As a side note, if you get spam and are sending an auto-response to it, you will likely get more spam ;)

Nicolas-Johnson

Reaction score
Thank you everyone! Good to know there is a consensus so far; auto response is a waste of time. I have turned mine off. Much appreciated. Now there is one less thing I will annoy you all with! :p