Are we ready for some football!?

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday's games were 'ok', but todays games are going to be awesome. Especially the early game, with the Vikings vs. Cowboys.

I'm excited for this one... should the 'old man' win (Vikings) or the 'young gun' (Cowboys)? I am leaning towards the Vikings and Favre with this one, but it's gonna be a shoot-out, IMO.

Happy Sunday folks!

Holland87

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Yesterday's games were 'ok'

What do you mean "ok", Andy? lmao!!:p

My poor AZ Cardinals got beat up from one end of the field to the other. It was a slaughter and that was definately not ok by me!

This was me the whole game yesterday! :smellie_cry:

(I know what you really meant! In comparison to today's games. ;) Just messing with ya!)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
No offense intended ;) My team is the Bengals.... think how I must feel!

haha - I was happy to see Favre pull it out in style today, though...

Dmoney644

Reaction score
Damn my boys looked terrible today, guess they said woohoo, got our playoff win last week, time for the offseason.

Taking nothing away from favre and the viking who played a great game, but the cowboys seemed to not have even shown up today. of course with as many turnovers as they had, you can't really expect to hang in there.

Also, wtf is wrong with field goal kickers now a days? Seems like consistancy is a thing of the past. missing 2-3 in a season used to make you think about your job, but 2-3 in a game, just totally ridiculous, lol

Vladi

Reaction score
Bummer... I thought this was going to be a world cup related thread. You know, the game where they actually propel the ball around the field predominantly with their feet.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Bummer... I thought this was going to be a world cup related thread. You know, the game where they actually propel the ball around the field predominantly with their feet.

hahaha - you are so right. I should have put NFL Football or something a bit more telling.

Mrqueen_

Reaction score
Vikes are going to win the SB, I would prefer if Brett play against Manning, it will be amazing for both QB, despite they are going to land in Canton.

belgamo

Reaction score
What do you think of the jets as 8 point dogs? The Colts have played in quite a few tight games this year, my feeling Indy wins, but closer than 8

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Vikes are going to win the SB, I would prefer if Brett play against Manning, it will be amazing for both QB, despite they are going to land in Canton.

It is a possibility for sure. I think they have their biggest test against the Saints, though. The only QB with a higher passer rating than Brett is Drew Brees. Will be an interesting matchup for sure, but MN has a better running game and a great defense lately. MN wins, IMO, but they better play a complete game.

belgamo said:
What do you think of the jets as 8 point dogs? The Colts have played in quite a few tight games this year, my feeling Indy wins, but closer than 8

The Jets are such a surprise team, in a way, this season. I remember that the Colts weren't exactly dominating the Jets about 3 weeks ago. It was a 5 point game before they pulled their starters. That's a toss-up, IMO. Revis and the Jets are going to make Manning do a LOT of work finding receivers. I think you are right.... closer than 8 points (IMO)

Mrqueen_

Reaction score
I think, Brett vs. Peyton is definitely the best option for viewers , a great end for the first one, and a happy ending for this decade, Brett is the ultimate gunslinger we call it "pistolero". I´m a huge fan of Brett and his loyal way to play, this man is always taking some risk and this is the most attractive aspect of this amazing game.

I know Brees is a great QB, but he has no guts to make it possible, their CB are not good enough to stop Rice, Harvin and even Berrian. The Jets are the best surprise, and Sanchez is a good QB, not amazing but good. Peyton will have no majors problems despite Revis is in the zone.

Vikings 21 Saints 17
Colts 17 Jets 7

SB
Vikings 20 Colts 14