Anyone else picking up an HTC EVO?

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I get my HTC EVO. Pretty excited about all the features of this phone. Just curious who else has one on preorder and is picking it up soon.

Tons of cool apps for this thing... it's a beast of a phone (size), but will be a lot of fun to toy around with :)

Anyone?

TheGamblingGuru

Turning Over Stones
Reaction score
Tomorrow I get my HTC EVO. Pretty excited about all the features of this phone. Just curious who else has one on preorder and is picking it up soon.

Tons of cool apps for this thing... it's a beast of a phone (size), but will be a lot of fun to toy around with :)

Anyone?

I stopped using cell phones about three years ago...around the time that Bush gave the ok for phone tapping without a court order..:cool:

You can still reach me if you have two Dixie cups with a long string attached...;D
____
____

greek39

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Just curious who else has one on preorder and is picking it up soon.

I test drove it about a week ago and was amazed. Mine should arrive in 3 weeks. IMO it makes the iphone look silly. The OS is open source but is developed by Google to meet the increasing demand for web on the go.

If anyone is considering replacing their current cell phone the HTC EVO is the way to go IMO. And believe it or not this phone will soon be as if not more faster than your P.C or Labtop.

I never been a cell phone enthusiast until now.

greek39

CaseyM

Reaction score
I must admit that I really really love my Blackberry bold 9700, couldnt live without it. But if I ever changed job and didnt need to email as much I'll definetly go for the EVO. An Iphone is just a top in my opinion :)

The battery life really sucked on the HTC Desire though, anyone know what its like on the EVO?

Last edited:

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
With light use, mine seems to last about 24 hours, but is hear the end of it's batter life at that point. With heavier use, it dies much more quickly. It really depends upon how many apps are running, though.

CaseyM

Reaction score
Another reason why I'll stick to my Blackberry, at least untill HTC sort out their battery issue. I'm a very very heavy user, especially now that I have a 32 gig microsd card and carry my music around, I dont even use my car stero now when I drive alone and I still get at least 48 hours heavy ( extremly heavy ) usage.

Last edited:

Frogger

Reaction score

Anyone?

I don't have it and I didn't even know it exist until now.....I just checked out its review and its a very nice gadget phone, needless to say: I WONT ONE! :) how much it cost you?