Airport Campers

Frogger

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Did anyone got/still stuck at the Schiphol Airport after the CAC convention?

Just wondering as I haven't heard from a lot of people that went there lol

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
Except for some lucky guys who were able to book trains or rental cars to go to Britain via Ferry or to Spain to catch a plane, most are still stranded in Amsterdam.

I heard the first flights out may leave today...

Renee

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
I heard on the radio on the way to work this morning that the volcano erupted again overnight so it looks like they might be stranded a little longer.

Frogger

Reaction score
I heard on the radio on the way to work this morning that the volcano erupted again overnight so it looks like they might be stranded a little longer.

Wow, and I just got a hold of few friends that are there stuck and think that tomorrow they will take off.....:(

Simmo!

Reaction score
Most people have found a way out now - only a few of us left and most have a plan of action. The SA/US guys are the ones that are put out the most but they mostly have flights or are heading South where they can get them from.

It's certainly been an experience to remember! Having friends here certainly helped most people get through it a bit more easily anyway :)

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
There are tons of planes heading to the US out of Frankfurt. So many I worry about them being able to land in a timely fashion.

Renee

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
Report on the radio this morning said the flights from sydney to london now flying with BA are up around the 12k mark..

That is ridiculous!

If you do a quick search you can find an article or two...

Not sure what they think they will achieve.. it's not the passenger's fault that this happened... A business is a business and you have to be prepared for the risk factor right..

Sheesh!

I guess we are lucky we booked our flights to Prague early.