AGD Issues

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
We are working to resolve the issues as quickly as possible... I know the forums have been messing up recently and that is due to some new improvements coming.

My apologies... since my PC that I use to work on sites is pretty much toast (Thanks Hackers!!!!), it has taken me awhile to fix the problems.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Tough call. I'm not so sure my PC was hacked. That's what the server team told me.

I ran NOD32, Kaspersky, MalwareBytes, and several others which found nothing. However - My server team was adamant that it was the only way.

So - I loaded Kaspersky Internet Security software on my PC to eliminate future break ins..... it completely STOPPED the internet from working unless I disabled it, so I uninstalled.

Kaspersky seems to install something either at a kernel level or somewhere pretty low... because as soon as I uninstalled, it is a crap-shoot whether the OS will even boot now.

I either get:

1. No booting at all
  2. Booting, then blue screen 'of death'
  3. booting, takes a while, might blue screen
  4. It works

Those are now my options while I rebuild a new machine. :( NOD32 Internet Security is on the new machine.

I guess I have gone my rounds since I have had (in this order)

1. AVG Internet Security
  2. Symantec 360
  3. Kaspersky (however short period of time that was)
  4. NOD32

I've paid for them all :( So - anyone need one of those licenses? haha

Tower-Adrian

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
hmmm, not booting properly, blue screen... maybe a re-format is in order? Also I would do a disk check to make sure that your Windows drive is working properly and doesn't have bad sectors. I do quiet a bit tinkering around with my machines (more damage then good) but that sounds like what was happening when I tried to use a burnt out old HD. Just a thought, hope everything goes well for you.

Cheers
Adrian

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
hmmm, not booting properly, blue screen... maybe a re-format is in order? Also I would do a disk check to make sure that your Windows drive is working properly and doesn't have bad sectors. I do quiet a bit tinkering around with my machines (more damage then good) but that sounds like what was happening when I tried to use a burnt out old HD. Just a thought, hope everything goes well for you.

Cheers
Adrian

I wish it were :( I have quite a bit of experience with windows machines, but I run virtual machines. My host OS is perfectly fine :)

The drives are good - but Kaspersky changes the kernel and the uninstall (in safe mode, which was my only option) did not quite put everything back in place perfectly.

That's ok - I'll have a fresh machine to f*** up.

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
Well, there is a lot of bad stuff to be said about macafee - but their virus protection has worked for me for years. And it's no problem to install/uninstall.