2013 - It's going to be OUR year!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
From my 2012 post:

2012 OUR year post said:
By OUR, I mean all AGD affiliates :) Let's rock 2012!! I'm hoping to kick it up a notch or 20 this year and hope everyone does the same.

For AGD, there are going to be some changes to the template again (in about 15 days) which will be both completely unique and maybe a bit strange to some. You will see what I mean soon enough :)

For my websites, I have been working on a common datastructure that is complete now. Time to roll out those changes and get some folks hired to help me keep content live and fresh. I hope to have that completed by the end of the first quarter.

Let's go 2012!

In 2012 AGD did roll out a new template (as we all now know and have come to love... ha ha - I hope). There were some 'under the hood' changes as well and AGD's server is now being secured by Securi and GoDaddy to protect our members.

In 2012 I did NOT hire anyone and my site's central datastructure was hacked and data was removed. Lucky me :) I'm working on a new datastructure and a new, secure admin... but that will take some time. Makes me a bit mad, but such is life. I hope that by the 1st quarter I can roll it out.

------------------------

2013 IS going to be a great year.. I feel it. I do have some plans for AGD and one is under development already... I'll keep it under wraps for now, but should help us get a greater picture of Affiliate Programs, IMO.

PLEASE: Any suggestions you have for AGD are more than wanted. I NEED them to make this site better for everyone. Whatever they are, know you won't offend me for stating them. Thanks.

2013 IS going to be a good year for my affiliate sites as well. I'm making a concerted effort and putting my personal savings behind it to get things back to *at least* 2010 income levels. I hope I don't fail on this as it will cost me a bit of capitol to do this project since I don't have time to do the work myself.

WANTED: I am looking for someone who can update at least one of my websites for me. in 2013 I want to use one of my websites: rivalslots.com to be kept 100% up to date and with frequently updated content to drive some of my projects. If you know of someone who isn't super expensive, please let mek now.

LET'S GO AGD MEMBERS!!!

Let's stive to increase our income AND help other AGD members do the same. We are a team here... if we help one another, we will always find that 'nugget of information' that will help drive us to the next level. Write up a post that you think will help someone! If we all do that on occasion, someone will CERTAINLY write up a post that will help YOU.

Thank you everyone for making AGD a better place in 2012. Let's make it even better in 2013.

Andy

societyofslots

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
one suggestion. can we fix the width to a reasonable size.. I often feel like im looking with panoramic vision and feel like im struggling to see the whole page.

Jaz

Reaction score
PLEASE: Any suggestions you have for AGD are more than wanted. I NEED them to make this site better for everyone. Whatever they are, know you won't offend me for stating them. Thanks.

AGD sucks! You are welcome ;)

Nah AGD rocks, keep doing what you have been doing so far, it seems to have been working very well so far.

Personally though I would like to see a way for exchanging good quality links with other AGD members. I have also been bugging Andy about this.

Oh and happy new year everyone!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
one suggestion. can we fix the width to a reasonable size.. I often feel like im looking with panoramic vision and feel like im struggling to see the whole page.

Strange... the site looks great (width-wise) to me. I have it set up so that anyone under 1024x768 gets a fixed-width template that works for them as well. I thought I covered all grounds with that :( Send me a screenshot, please.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally though I would like to see a way for exchanging good quality links with other AGD members. I have also been bugging Andy about this.

Maybe I will ressurect that one. Cost me about $10k and was never properly finished :(

Jaz

Reaction score
Maybe I will ressurect that one. Cost me about $10k and was never properly finished :(

That's a lot of money for something of no use, I'd say finish it if the code is well documented and can easily be picked up by someone else who can finish it for you. If the project needs a lot more work, then I guess you need to think a bit more is it really worth the additional money you would have to put into finishing it. Forget about the 10k, it's already gone, what you have is a half finished project that you are either going to finish one day or never.

I think advice from professional poker players would fit surprisingly well here:

It doesn't matter how much money you have already put into the pot, consider it no longer yours, what really matters is how much money you will win or lose with your next bet

$10k ? holy shit.. I dont earn that a year :D
You have been hired! :)

Last edited:

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Very good points. After this current undertaking, I'll look back into the links program. See if I can ressurect.