Yoast, AIO SEO, or what else?

byebyebaby

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm using Yoast for my SEO. And I'm not sure it's doing what it needs to do.
Seems Google is indexing slow. My images don't seem to show up anymore also.

I used to use AIO SEO before this and I think that one works a bit better maybe? But I'm not sure.

What do you think? Is one better than the other? Or can it have something to do with settings in Yoast.
I read that if you have settings wrong in Yoast, you might have a problem.

Again, not sure.
Like to know what you all think?

preditor

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Yoast slows the backend down much more than allinoneseo - that is really a pain in the as. Also, yoast is packed with useless guides in how to do basic stuff - that are really just there so they can charge their users more.

Allinoneseo also have lot of extra plugins and adverts for them -nowadays compaired to a few years ago. Both plugins really sucks, for advanced users that dont need newbie-guides or other shit than just title/meta and sitemap - functions.

I made my own SEO plugin last year that allows me to make/change Title and meta -tags and also made some snippets in JSON for Schema. I was amazed my own coding was lightningfast in compairing to both yoast and aio.

Anyhow, the reason why i am stucked with both yoast and aio and not using my own plugin is the sitemaps that i dont manage to do my self. Also, I am only 50% done with the codes needed to import settings to my own plugin - so I have no other choise but to use them both.

I have 10+ active sites with 50/50 yoast and AIO.

I like AIO more than Yoast, but nowdays its not the same easy and simle to use solution it used to be just a few years ago. AIO is also faster than yoast and not so expencive also.

6/10 - Yoast
7/10 - AIO
9.5/ 10 - My own seo plugin ( haha)

euromill

Reaction score
Have you tried RankMath? I know a lot of people using it and rating it very highly.

josephsoup

Reaction score
I also bumped into the same issue. Built v1 of my site there recently. Used yoast via wordpress. After reading some threads here regarding “no follow” links, i noticed many links on my site are “no follow” which needed to be addressed. Yosst didn't highlight or this.

xecutable

Stranger
Reaction score
Can vouch for RankMath, been using it for a while, after Google announced the speed update, and Yoast was loading a bunch of stuff I did not want to. It's pretty sold and fast especially if you DO NOT turn on the analytics tracker. A fellow affiliate recommended it to me and he as well has been using it.

The only downside, if it can be called that, is they often send you emails and stuff to upgrade to their PRO version.

AleksUnder

Reaction score
I also vote for RankMath. I use this plugin for at least new websites.

Salmathogan

Reaction score
It's been some time but I just want to put in my two cents. It's tough to say which plugin is better as it ultimately depends on your specific needs and how well you optimize the settings for each.

wpchop

Reaction score
I also believe Rankmath is gaining a lot of traction these days, and a lot lighter than Yoast.
Although when site SEO is critical I still prefer Yoast because it is very stable.

xecutable

Stranger
Reaction score
RankMath is much better than Yoast. Also, you should go to search console and index each link individually to be on the safe side.

I had dealt with this recently. By default Cloudflare should not be caching sitemaps, but for some reason it did for me and my RankMath sitemap. From talking to other people, they've dealt with similar issue. So I had to go setup a page rule on Cloudflare, and then start re-indexing all of the pages that all of the sudden had indexing issues.

Warning: the quota for manual indexing via the Inspection Tool is 10 urls per 24 hours.

Eric Morgan

Reaction score
Both Yoast SEO and All in One SEO Pack are popular WordPress plugins that can help improve your website's SEO. Each plugin has its strengths and features, and the choice between them often comes down to personal preference and the specific needs of your website. Let's briefly compare the two plugins:

1. Yoast SEO:
    • Yoast SEO is one of the most widely used SEO plugins for WordPress. It offers a user-friendly interface and provides a range of features to optimize your content for search engines.
    • The plugin helps you create SEO-friendly titles, meta descriptions, and URLs for your pages and posts.
    • Yoast SEO offers content analysis and readability checks, which can be valuable for improving the overall quality of your content.
    • It provides XML sitemap functionality, making it easier for search engines to crawl and index your site.
    • Yoast SEO is known for its focus on on-page SEO optimization.
  2. All in One SEO Pack (AIO SEO):
    • AIO SEO is another popular WordPress SEO plugin that offers similar features to Yoast SEO.
    • It provides XML sitemaps, Google Analytics integration, and social media integration.
    • AIO SEO is generally considered user-friendly and can be a good alternative for those who prefer a simpler setup.
Regarding the issues you mentioned with Yoast SEO, it's essential to check your plugin settings to ensure everything is configured correctly. Here are a few common reasons why Google might index your site slowly or why images may not show up:

1. XML Sitemap: Make sure your XML sitemap is generated and submitted to Google Search Console. This sitemap helps search engines understand the structure of your site and index it efficiently.
  2. Robots.txt: Ensure that your robots.txt file is not blocking Google from crawling your website.
  3. Image Optimization: Check if your images are properly optimized for the web. Large or unoptimized images can slow down your site and affect indexation.
  4. Crawling and Indexing: Check Google Search Console for any crawl errors or issues with indexation. It can provide valuable insights into how Google is processing your website.
  5. SEO Settings: Review your Yoast SEO settings and make sure they align with your SEO goals. Pay attention to titles, meta descriptions, and other essential elements.
  6. Cache Plugin: If you are using a cache plugin, try clearing the cache to ensure that Google is accessing the latest version of your pages.
Ultimately, the effectiveness of an SEO plugin depends on various factors, including your website's specific needs and how well you configure the plugin settings. If you feel that one plugin worked better for you in the past, you may consider switching back or trying out different configurations with Yoast SEO to see if it resolves the issues you're facing. Remember that SEO is an ongoing process, and small changes can have significant impacts on your site's visibility and performance in search engines.

Madz

Reaction score
Rank Math for me. Tons of features (some can be disabled if not needed) and they offer keyword ranking/tracking as a feature unlike Yoast.