What is the right way to communicate changes in the T&C's to affiliates?

Bas van der Zijden

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am the affiliate manager of a small operator and I am looking for some information to improve our affiliate program.
I have been reading a lot about Terms and Conditions on this forum that are considered "Predatory" by affiliates.
This forum has been more than helpful to us and with all the information that we have gathered from here, we managed to make some major changes to our Terms and Conditions to make them more "affiliate friendly".

Although I was wondering, what is the right way to communicate these changes to our affiliates?

I would appreciate any help with this!

Greetings

Bas van der Zijden

NDG

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Make your affiliates aware of the changes in your affiliate newsletter if you have one,
within the various forums if you are posting on a thread about your affiliate program,
or even on the affiliate site itself. Most affiliates that have been around for a while,
look for information on the affiliate site to get a feel for the program first before
they sign-up. Any information about "affiliate friendly" terms and conditions would
definitely be one positive that might get an affiliate to sign-up with your program.

Last edited:

slotsaff

Reaction score
I would contact Andy here and send him your T&Cs - ask him to review them and what could be change to make them 'affiliate friendly'.

Andy is a good guy who is always willing to help - you can't go wrong with his advice/direction :)

Simmo!

Reaction score
I think another thing that is worth adding is that changes shouldn't be retroactively applied to players already sent. Most savvy affiliates appreciate that changes are necessary from time to time and the economic climate means both sides might have to make sacrifices but that should be "going forward". A failure to honour existing contracts - even if the terms have an FU clause - will lead to negative PR even with good solid communication.

I think too many programs start with deals they can't sustain then realise too late and that is what leads to problems which are then exacerbated by poor communication.

Bas van der Zijden

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Sorry for my belated response but I would like to thank you for all the advice and tips.
Like I mentioned in my original post, this forum has been more then helpful to us and I have also contacted the admin, to ask for some advice.

@CaseM I have not send out my newsletter with any changes yet, because I believe there are still definitely some parts in the Terms that need to be changed or removed before I send the revised version to my affiliates.

@Simmo! That is a good point which makes absolute sense and one which I have not yet included in the Terms, thanks!

When I have finished setting up the new Terms I have planned to send out the new terms to my affiliates, along with explanation and with the exact date upon which the terms will become of force (1 december 2013)
I will also post the changes on various other forums and on the affiliate website as well. I believe conducting a transparent and honest policy will definitely contribute to building more trust among affiliates.

Have a nice day!

Best regards