was anyone hit with the new google core update?

Marijan Karajanov

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Yes, and in a positive way.
I get way more impressions and clicks lately.

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
nice! congrats :)
I took he hit for the worst. And trying to figure out why.

ARZ

Reaction score
When exactly was the update made? I received a small dropdown on one of the websites few days ago..

danniee

Reaction score
Havent noticed much at all to be honest.

Jetman

Reaction score
@thomas, I have some sites that got hit by the (last few) updates from google as well. It is very difficult to pinpoint what exactly has happened. There is a lot of chatter about the update, as lots of people are complaining about the fact that there is hardly any info available about what triggers the ranking losses.

What I would do is check with the site: command to see if your site is indexed correctly on google. The sites of mine that were hit, have indexation issues, they only show a few pages indexed. This can be an algo penalty or it can also be google that have messed up there mobile indexation for the last period.

danniee

Reaction score
Was there really a core update? Is there any source to this? I tried to Google but came up empty handed. The last one seems to have been in January.

Jetman

Reaction score
Not a confirmed core update in February as far as I know. But core updates in December and January for sure. And this (mobile) indexation issue which google does not seem to address anywhere, but I have read lots of complaints about that, and experienced it myself as well.

RyanWeb

Reaction score
Stats are up across all sites a little, maybe 5% improvement in CTR in from the past 60 days.

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
@thomas, I have some sites that got hit by the (last few) updates from google as well. It is very difficult to pinpoint what exactly has happened. There is a lot of chatter about the update, as lots of people are complaining about the fact that there is hardly any info available about what triggers the ranking losses.

What I would do is check with the site: command to see if your site is indexed correctly on google. The sites of mine that were hit, have indexation issues, they only show a few pages indexed. This can be an algo penalty or it can also be google that have messed up there mobile indexation for the last period.

thank you Jetman.
It is hard to pinpoint what it is. And it is frustrating. :(
thank you for the good advice.