Warning on Eva Barrett - Stay away from any link exchange request

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls

I am going to expose one of the worst link exchange scheme ever... A few days ago I had the surprise of being contacted by EVA BARRETT from a major odds site (not going to name it as all publicity is good publicity) to inform me that our site was placed in the Recommended Sites page of a major site and that we should do the same for them in maximum 5 days unless we want our link removed from their page.

I said: Well, nice to be noticed... and what a good deal for both sides.

The link on their site was placed before starting to chat as a token of good faith. Well it came with a trick... to the naked eye the link was valid but to the Search Engine eye ( javascript cloaked and .... not showing in the source code...) it looked like internal... you get it? No link value for us... Only for them....

When I have raised the problem with our link, she said: Well "we have done everything to get this deal done but it seems that it is not good enough for you"... and she removed the useless link form their page

So I have decided to tell others about it and make sure to check your links before placing one on your site for this kind of people ....

Be aware of EVA BARRETT from a odds comparison site.

Biti

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Name and shame the website. Otherwise, useless info as Eva Barrett likely is a fake name.

Reaction score
I will rest my case with a the proof of the named site being unethical :

I am not allowed to post images so you can follow this on gpwa.org - Warning on Eva Barrett - Stay away from any link exchange request - BetBrain
{image}
This is the way that a Search engine have seen the page : You can see 3 pages with internal and 3 with external. Now on their page other targets are ready.. But none of their previous attempts were validated. Sent emails to the new webmasters to be aware!

I rest my case. And I hope you guys are safe and sound! Best of luck with your thing.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
@sports betting expert - excellent catch, well done, thanks!

That's a new scam for the radar. Shifty so and so. This thread points out why it's always a good-idea, to pull the source code, and check IF you link is present on page.