Warm Welcome and first question for you friends )

divingdeep

Reaction score
Hello guys, I am a newbie in this field and despite that I have learnt so much thing. I want to warmly welcome you . This is my first post here. And for now I have to find the answer to this concern.
I am in the process of optimizing my site for keywords for promotion of sports betting sites.
What are the common restrictions in this ? Can I target "Brand" keywords ? like if I promote bet365, optimize the page for that etc. Is that allowed and have anyone tried that ? So far I ve serached on the internet , on some regulations its written that not allowed, but I want to hear from experienced affiliates here .
Regards mates.

Moonlight Cat

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
What are the common restrictions in this ? Can I target "Brand" keywords ? like if I promote bet365, optimize the page for that etc. Is that allowed and have anyone tried that ? So far I ve serached on the internet , on some regulations its written that not allowed, but I want to hear from experienced affiliates here .
Regards mates.

Brand traffic for "bet365" not sure. If only "Bet365 Review" on Title - this is ok. But if you buy domain for example bet365-55.com, put the same colours and logo,
and write on title somebody like "Bet365 Registration Here" - on most western markets you will be banned. I think it may be ok with some markets that work under censorship. I see several Bet365 Style sites on Asian market. Asian affiliates use it.

For example - brand traffic is ok censorship markets like Asia, Russia e.t.c. The countries where censorship in strong. I these countries - affiliates may make "mirror" and get brand traffic. But at most western countries - i think this is impossible.

Where are you from? Russia / CIS? If yes, western market is not so easy as Russian / CIS. It was be very easy if affiliate programs targeting on western market pay for brand traffic as Russian / CIS affiliate program do this.

About Bet365 personally. This is very good and honest affiliate program. But now they are under strong pressure from UKGC. And they don't take new affiliates.

divingdeep

Reaction score
Brand traffic for "bet365" not sure. If only "Bet365 Review" on Title - this is ok. But if you buy domain for example bet365-55.com, put the same colours and logo,
and write on title somebody like "Bet365 Registration Here" - on most western markets you will be banned. I think it may be ok with some markets that work under censorship. I see several Bet365 Style sites on Asian market. Asian affiliates use it.

For example - brand traffic is ok censorship markets like Asia, Russia e.t.c. The countries where censorship in strong. I these countries - affiliates may make "mirror" and get brand traffic. But at most western countries - i think this is impossible.

Where are you from? Russia / CIS? If yes, western market is not so easy as Russian / CIS. It was be very easy if affiliate programs targeting on western market pay for brand traffic as Russian / CIS affiliate program do this.

About Bet365 personally. This is very good and honest affiliate program. But now they are under strong pressure from UKGC. And they don't take new affiliates.
Thank you mate for great info. Yes I am from CIS countries. I found many brand keywords which seem easy to rank for and now I am in this dillemma to learn how to use it . I also optimize my sites for generic terms but their volume is lower.
hmm, maybe I am thinking to optimize for "bet365" and then redirect the user to the review of best betting sites ) ANd write smth like : these are better than bet365... cani utilize this traffic in such a way...