Votes: 1 10.0%
  • VERSION4

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Please click on the link below to see 4 new options for header colors. There are a couple of changes:

1. The topmost portion of the header - The tan 'boxes' are much closer together, less 'black lines'. I had many requests for this, so made that change.

2. There are 4 versions of the header in the link below. The colors are fairly similar between versions for a reason - they are complimentary colors allowing for a much less 'in your face' style.

Affiliate Guard Dog Certifications - Panels Header Colors

The link should open in a new window - come back to the poll here to vote.

Andy

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
Don't like any of them, they all clash with each other. :p

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't like any of them, they all clash with each other. :p

I am guessing you are being funny? :) Because I did use a complementary color generator... so they definitely do not clash with one another.

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
Not being funny. They are horrible to me. Actually, what's up there now is better than the new choices.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Not being funny. They are horrible to me. Actually, what's up there now is better than the new choices.

ok. makes no sense to me. Maybe your monitor is distorting the colors.

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
Try analogous colors. (neighboring on the color wheel) with more subtle differences.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually used 'accented analogic' from: Color Scheme Designer 3

It offers a wider color range with colors that are complementary, not contrasting.

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
Use the center of the color of your main liking as your starting point, not the edge, and use just plain analogic?

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried everything, seriously. I had quite a few versions (probably 50 or more). But - I don't want all the colors completely blending into one another. I chose subdued colors, but with the ability to differentiate. I don't think everyone will like it, but I think one of those versions should be good. If I chose an 'all brown' flavor, it's going to look bad (trust me) and look like I'm back in the early 2000's, when I am looking for a 'today' look.

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
Yeah, all brown would be bad, agreed. Just carry on, I'll still be coming here :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, all brown would be bad, agreed. Just carry on, I'll still be coming here :)

AGDPANELS5.jpg

Would this one be better? Just trying to find something that is less eye-stabbing without taking away from the Windows 8 Panel concept.

Attachments

• AGDPANELS5.jpg
    AGDPANELS5.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 21