The Sun Vegas (Nethive) payment issues, any advice?

Apeman

Reaction score
Continuing from here: https://www.affiliateguarddog.com/community/threads/the-sun-vegas.17904/

I'm owed a few thousand USD from The Sun Vegas (Nethive).

Affiliate managers have @playtech.com email addresses so they are part of a big 'reputable' group. But, since getting a new affiliate manager 4 months ago I have heard nothing from him in terms of owed commissions. He used to respond to non money related emails, now he's gone quiet on me.

Any help an/or advice would be greatly appreciated!

euromill

Reaction score
Apeman - anything to do with Playtech on the Affiliate side and Nethive, in particular, requires a huge dose of caution. I personally along with the vast majority don't touch anything Playtech Affiliate related. One of the reasons being the experience you are currently going through is pretty common. I am afraid I don't have a contact, so not much use to you- but what you could do is a buy a few of their shares and complain as a shareholder - that might wake em up . They are a UK based PLC after all - or complain to the UKGC. The Sun programs have been notorious for shafting Affiliates in the past - no reason to believe it won't happen moving forward.

Biti

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
The best advice is to avoid anything that has something to do with Nethive/Winner or whatever these jokers might call themselves.

Apeman

Reaction score
buy a few of their shares and complain as a shareholder - that might wake em up
Interesting idea, I was hoping to catch them next month at iGB Affiliate next month at Excel first, but failing that, I might go down your suggested route. As a relative newbie to the industry I assumed that a UK PLC (Playtech) in partnership with one of the UK's biggest newspaper brands (The Sun) would be a safe bet as a business partner. Stupid me!

Do UKGC deal with complaints from affiliates?

@Biti certainly will do from now on, thanks for the advice.

euromill

Reaction score
Anything related to Playtech in conjunction with Nethive needs to be treated with utmost caution. If I was to do anything with them ever - it would only ever be on a prepaid tenancy basis. Some of their brands have recently been fined and exited the UK without paying the fines as far as I can recall. Even if you corner them at LAC - they will fob you off with - well take a look and get back to you. The Sun brand has shafted so many affiliates already - no reason to believe either of those leopards will ever change their spots. Dump em and fast would be my recommendation.

Apeman

Reaction score
Thanks @euromill I heed your advice.

If I was to do anything with them ever - it would only ever be on a prepaid tenancy basis.

Is this really still an option? Do you know anyone that works with operators on this basis?

euromill

Reaction score
Is this really still an option? Do you know anyone that works with operators on this basis?
I guess it's determined by the amount of traffic you can drive. In the not so distant past that was an option for me and I only sold Playtech brands spots on a Prepaid Tenancy basis. If you cant get that and you send them traffic and it converts and you don't get paid - well I guess there is no point in that either.

Apeman

Reaction score
True, thanks for the pointers. Much appreciated in an industry that plays its cards so close to its chest!