Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCD Admin

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Scoring of programs (suggestion)

MINUS A POINT: any negative icon, should minus a point: "bundling" , "t&cs certified, but warning on a term" , "new program" , "negative carryover" , "pays late or irregular"

DROP TO BOTTOM OF LIST: certain things should drop a program straight to the bottom "not reviewed yet" and "out of business"

PLUS A POINT: any "positive" icon should add a point "pays on time every month" "active agd supporter" (just made that icon up, doesnt exist)

Then the rest of the way the list sorts should be based on time, so those who participate soonest, get the highest ranking on your list...

This way the AGD supporters, established programs that treat us well, etc, float to the top over time. And the ones that have the least negative nicks float to the tip-top....

just a suggestion......

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Scoring of programs (suggestion)

MINUS A POINT: any negative icon, should minus a point: "bundling" , "t&cs certified, but warning on a term" , "new program" , "negative carryover" , "pays late or irregular"

DROP TO BOTTOM OF LIST: certain things should drop a program straight to the bottom "not reviewed yet" and "out of business"

PLUS A POINT: any "positive" icon should add a point "pays on time every month" "active agd supporter" (just made that icon up, doesnt exist)

Then the rest of the way the list sorts should be based on time, so those who participate soonest, get the highest ranking on your list...

This way the AGD supporters, established programs that treat us well, etc, float to the top over time. And the ones that have the least negative nicks float to the tip-top....

just a suggestion......

I love the ideas coming in WCD! Now - the implementation is the difficult part. At the moment, it is easy to find the program you are looking for by alphabetical order. I think if I let programs float to the top based upon any of the metrics, the forum will quickly become unusable.

I know when there are long lists, I have a difficult time picking out what I am looking for and sometimes miss it altogether.

I am certainly open to suggestions and willing to do whatever it takes to make the forum more easy to use and friendlier to affiliates.

thanks again! I'll give some thought to this :)

Nandakishore

Reaction score
I love the ideas coming in WCD! Now - the implementation is the difficult part. At the moment, it is easy to find the program you are looking for by alphabetical order. I think if I let programs float to the top based upon any of the metrics, the forum will quickly become unusable.

Maybe the programs should not be moved up or down, but given different colour tags or something according to scoring suggested by WCD.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Very good ideas.... Something I will definitely have to think about. I am currently working on the backend system for affiliate programs, so will continue to give this one thought.

I only do not want to confuse the masses with a poorly thought out plan :) I do like the 'stoplight' idea. However - another icon to place in there isn't quite that easy unless I remove others.

WCD Admin

Reaction score
Yeah I think its a good idea to let the ideas just perculate for awhile - that way no one expects anything and you can just "integrate" them with your current projects. It will help you not get overloaded, too.

Hard to stay focused sometimes when too much is going on. Better to just take the ideas with a grain of salt and let them surface when you feel inspired to change things again. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.