Strange link

mattsgame

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm not to sure if this is the place to post this,

But I was just going over a few things on my website and checking where the traffic was coming from(links etc) and noticed I had 5 visits from

cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewStoreV4&name=thebarginbag&_rdc=1

Should I just ignore this as it maybe a mistake? when clicking the link it is no longer available but it is extremely strange, does anyone know what might have happened here?

Thanks for your time
Matt

Renee

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
Is it possible that it was the same person who simply typed in the URL of your website from that page?

jimmiet

Reaction score
Hmmm

the RDC=1 means someone had your link on their store site. (page 1) May have been an email exchange or something like that.

Nothing to worry about

mattsgame

Reaction score
Really unsure Renee, I'm new to all of this & still learning the ropes, (Thanks for your help earlier on when I first started over at GWPA) I cannot say for sure, is there a way to find this out? I am getting that link from google webtools(had it as a backlink), analytics,and statcounter

Thanks for your reply :)

Matt

mattsgame

Reaction score
the RDC=1 means someone had your link on their store site. (page 1) May have been an email exchange or something like that.

Nothing to worry about

Thank you,

So I can breathe easy then!

Matt

mattsgame

Reaction score
Attached to the above^

sorry just noticed I cannot edit, but why would someone put my link on there Ebay store?

jimmiet

Reaction score
Don't sweat it

It was probably a browser error......and we know they never happen

Renee

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
Really unsure Renee, I'm new to all of this & still learning the ropes, (Thanks for your help earlier on when I first started over at GWPA) I cannot say for sure, is there a way to find this out? I am getting that link from google webtools(had it as a backlink), analytics,and statcounter

Thanks for your reply :)

Matt

Happy to help where I can :)
Looks like jimmiet answered your question though.. :D

Cheers guys

Eugene

Reaction score
Sometimes spammers making their doorways or aggregators point to some good sites showing to SE relevancy of their sites.

I am not sure, but it can be.