Probability Affiliates - Am I Going Crazy ?

societyofslots

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Maybe im going crazy - maybe not!

Anyone promote moobile games or Ladylucks ?

Because today I went to write a news article about a new game they have "war zone".. And I got a link (as you do) visited their site to see it worked.. And I noticed that on the whole page there is no registration.. Just a very prominent "Enter Your Mobile Number" box. Or "Text This Number"..

Now correct me if im wrong, but if a visitor comes through a link on my site regardless if they use a mobile or PC as soon as they "text the number" or "enter there number".. There is no way that player can be tracked to my affiliate account ??.

Surely in order to track it to an account. They would need to get the player to sign up first, thus, create an account.. And then get them to "text a number" or "input their number" in order to have an account to track too.

So am I going crazy or is the probability affiliates and thus moobile games & ladylucks whole set up designed to bypass the affiliate ?

It only just dawned on me today, but i think i may be going crazy.. :confused:

societyofslots

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
How though ?

How can a tracking cookie jump from a PC to a mobile phone ? If they arrive from a PC.

Do mobile phones use cookie tracking technology ? If they arrive by phone.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
How though ?

How can a tracking cookie jump from a PC to a mobile phone ? If they arrive from a PC.

Do mobile phones use cookie tracking technology ? If they arrive by phone.

Mobile browsers support cookies :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, and as far as the affiliate program goes, we are working on certification for them... they need to get a few things in their T&C's to ensure the terms are proper and friendly towards affiliates. Hopefully soon.