Only content

danieldan

Reaction score
I have a simple question whether these days where content is of increasing importance, or at least read like this everywhere:

Is publishing only good quality content and doing nothing more about the promotion of the site (assuming that the code is healthy, the site loads quickly and is optimized) can you receive any organic visits to the site?
obviously a question as a curiosity, but I'm curious about the opinion

LandofOz

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score

NDG

Reaction score
You can get a trickle of traffic without any links.. but quality links are still important if you want to compete.

Frank

Reaction score
right now you need killer pages to rank high.. i have plenty without links in top 5... but the quality is pretty focused, no two writers are the same..

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
right now you need killer pages to rank high.. i have plenty without links in top 5... but the quality is pretty focused, no two writers are the same..
Wow Frank!
that is amazing. You must be an excellent writer :)
But you still would recommend starting a new website and not trying to get links for it, would you?

Reaction score
My choice would be to compete with Long tail kw, probably wont stand a chance if focusing on highly competitive kw without any linking.

jeguritto

Reaction score
You should build at least social media links + some gambling related forum signature links.
Research guest posting.

Gilmar

Reaction score
Without links you could receive some traffic in non-competitive niches, but that's all.

AmyWilson

Reaction score
High-quality content is only the initial stage of promotion. Since this is a gambling niche, filling the site with content alone will not be enough. It is necessary to use the most successful practices of SEO strategy: PR and Guest posts, affiliate links etc.

AnyG

Reaction score
There is always a chance to get traffic without backlinks but I think you have to focus on long-tail KWs.
The shorter and more competitive KW you are focusing on, the more difficult it is to rank without, or even with, links :)
(Without links is impossible to rank well on highly competitive KWs and that's also tough with links anyway).

We had some pages that ranked really well on specific long-tail KWs with no backlinks at all. It seems to me that Google is testing and "experimenting" with ranking even with such pages with no links and using metrics like avg. time on site and bounce rate instead of just backlinks. Or if people really stay on the site and don't go back to find another article/answer to their query.