Need help!! I need to remove cat smell

beangeadeli

Reaction score
Sorry this might be off topic.

My cat is getting old and peeing everywhere. grrrr!

I need to remove cat pee odor from a carpet. Does anyone no a good product or household remedy to remove cat pee from carpet?

thanks in advance.

chris

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
This guy has covered it all:

How to Get Rid of Cat Urine

One of the most important points is NOT to use any ammonia. Ammonia encourages cats to pee in that area, so you may want to use it to attract him/her to a spot where you can clean easily.

For incontinent cats, you can provide several spots where you place a couple folded papertowels with a drop of ammonia on them, and something like a plastic placemat underneath so you can pick up, dump and wash the placemat. If the cat has any control at all and you place these in strategic spots, it works well.

I've been there too and didn't have the heart to put her down. So I know that guy's advice works, as does the above suggestion.

majah23

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have to replace your cat to a younger one..lol

I think the best thing to do is to put your carpet in the laundry and wash it

with your favorite perfume.. ;D

What a lucky cat :)

pgavin

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I have had this problem before, up until recently I had 4 cats (only 2 were mine) living with me and a dog, all in a 1 bed-room apartment. Needless to say they all marked their spots. I found that if you have a carpet cleaner (shampooer) they make a pet formula that works really well. I also have some two spray stuff for when they mark, one is simple solutions home, stain and odor removers, has a huskie on the bottle. There is also something called nature's miracle that works well.

Hope it helps...also I found getting a new litter box with a lower entry point helped alot. Depending on the cat's age it could have trouble getting to the box or the box might be too dirty for him/her.

Hope this helps.