Is backlinking from EDU sites really possible?

pgmath

Reaction score
I have found some posts on other forum offering link building packages with links from EDU sites. Is it really possible to add links to a gambling site from an university site? I have browsed about 100 such sites and did not find any section (blog, forum, resources) allowing manual addition of URL's.

edgarf76

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I assume one of the risks is for the link to be removed as not fitting into the context.

That is true plus a lot of edu sites are not real edu's and they are spammy built with bots. It is hard to get something from harvard.edu or something like that. Not impossible.

Frank

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
they used to be a good link, not tried for a logn time but the last time i did.. cant say i noticedx much, I think the algo has evolved and they don't carry weight opnce they once used to, unless anybofy can show some success using them as of recent?

pgmath

Reaction score
they used to be a good link, not tried for a logn time but the last time i did.. cant say i noticedx much, I think the algo has evolved and they don't carry weight opnce they once used to, unless anybofy can show some success using them as of recent?
Obviously, it depends on what level of the content is the link placed. One thing is to force it in blog/forum comments (anyway, very few EDU sites have such sections) and another is to place it in the text of the main pages. I am involved in a project that allows gambling websites to get backlinks from DA90+ academic sites (in gambling-studies context), in first-level pages, but I am not allowed yet to place links in the post. PM if interested.