How was the iGaming Super Show in Prague?

Rate the iGaming Super Show

• 5 stars

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 4 stars

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 3 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 stars

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 1 star

• No stars

• I didn't attend

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bonustreak

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will give 5 stars even though there were a few hiccups with the shuttle buses etc. The The team put on a nice conference and the Friday meet up was off the hook! I heard that it was the best ever from several people. There were so many people the restaurant had to borrow table and chairs from other restaurants. iGaming ruled the place :)

belgamo

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
As far as the show went , I would not rate it that high. Venue was to far from hotel, food at show was horrible IMHO, ditto on the bus issue, and seemed aff mangers and reps out numbered affiliates. Venue was VERY spacious compared to London, so may have just seemed a bit empty.

Now if were talking the city itself, that's a 5 star, great food and entertainment. If you get a chance ask me about the shocking show at Darlings happening when we walked into the club.

Had a really good time with all the good igaming folks, even though I was battling a cold the last few days there. Really wanted to see the midget kicking, but missed that one. Seriously we were informed about a club that would allow us to kick midgets!

WCD Admin

Reaction score
Seriously we were informed about a club that would allow us to kick midgets!
I've heard of some of this really strange stuff around the convention. To me its a black cloud. Surely I am not the only one who feels a bit offended/put-off that this was going on? :confused:

I don't know if what you're talking about was connected to the strange reports of the BodogBrand party or whatever you want to call it (no corporate games really spin the truth on these things) .... and honestly - I don't give a crap what people do in their private lives, but this doesn't seem that private. Seems like it was the accepted norm. I know I would have felt really really weird going into a party like that one.

Also, didn't "little people" or something just go through a big thing (i mean in the last century) fighting not to be thought of as merely side-show attractions? I mean these people have feelings, etc.. I can't imagine being born "small" and having everyone who was "big" make fun of me. What if I was an affiliate and reading this and that was my exact situation.

Anyway.... just MY 2c...

TheGamblingGuru

Turning Over Stones
Reaction score
I've heard of some of this really strange stuff around the convention. To me its a black cloud. Surely I am not the only one who feels a bit offended/put-off that this was going on? :confused:

I don't know if what you're talking about was connected to the strange reports of the BodogBrand party or whatever you want to call it (no corporate games really spin the truth on these things) .... and honestly - I don't give a crap what people do in their private lives, but this doesn't seem that private. Seems like it was the accepted norm. I know I would have felt really really weird going into a party like that one.

Also, didn't "little people" or something just go through a big thing (i mean in the last century) fighting not to be thought of as merely side-show attractions? I mean these people have feelings, etc.. I can't imagine being born "small" and having everyone who was "big" make fun of me. What if I was an affiliate and reading this and that was my exact situation.

Anyway.... just MY 2c...

Totally agree WCD Admin, it seems as if certain 'self proclaimed Greek gods' and all their sick ass worshipers get into more sick shit at each and every one of these industry meet-ups anymore...:rolleyes:

What's next, 'Lets kick a down syndrome's ass'....jeeze us krist!

Certainly a nice mark they are leaving on this already black-eyed industry....
____
____

Simmo!

Reaction score
A very good conference. Learned a lot this time and although it was a bit of a trek from hotel to conference hall, would definitely say it was worth it. Not much between this one and Budapest IMO but marginally prefer Budapest as a location and for the setup.

The South American session was very informative but gutted I missed the video-link up with the US senator. Lots of interesting perspectives on the US thing although no more concrete news than we know already, but hearing the opinions from various sides of the industry as to how it could pan out was very interesting. Catching up on the regulatory stuff in France, Italy and Scandinavia also proved revealing for me.

I tasked myself with learning all about media buys, how they are evaluated, opinions on how they work (or not), the effectiveness of banners and the different way tenencies can be set up etc and for that alone, I am glad I went.

I also heard a few people expressing concern at the way the poker side of the industry is going aswell which surprised me - at first anyway but it soon started to make sense.

And there was no midget-kicking at the Bodog party (that I saw anyway!). It was just a very well-staged Mad Max themed party, with some excellent industrial music, that's all. Think Belgamo was referring to a club in Prague.

Last edited:

WCD Admin

Reaction score
Glad there was no 'kicking' going on there specifically. I was referring to this quote from G911:
The party featured midgets and medieval armored villains along with a few drag queens thrown into the mix. There were also a host of farm animals.
what comes back from the show this time (so far) has been rather dark... and oddly included 'midgets' a lot... I just don't get it :rolleyes: ...

Anyway... did anyone go to any enlightening 'sessions' with some goodies to share about where our industry is headed, SEO tips, etc? All the good stuff we are supposed to hear? -cheers

TheGamblingGuru

Turning Over Stones
Reaction score
And there was no midget-kicking at the Bodog party (that I saw anyway!). It was just a very well-staged Mad Max themed party, with some excellent industrial music, that's all. Think Belgamo was referring to a club in Prague.

I guess that could be true but the real crux of the "image" problem that I and many others see is that peeps like Ayre Head and Casselli should be figure heads that peeps would want to look up to for the name and position they have made for themselves but rather they are turning into more of a sideshow joke with each and every new event that comes along.

And then they go social on Facebook and other venues making jokes about 'midget kicking' and other sick shit it just makes some of us want to throw the phuck up with these sick bastards instead of turning a blind eye to their antics like so many others do and just make light of it...
____
____

Last edited:

Simmo!

Reaction score
I guess that could be true but the real crux of the "image" problem that I and many others see is that peeps like Ayre Head and Casselli should be figure heads that peeps would want to look up to for the name and position they have made for themselves but rather they are turning into more of a joke with each and every new event that comes along.

I don't really get that myself...it's just PR really isn't it? Every part of the entertainment industry has "larger than life" figures and it's all about projecting an image which is what the Ayre brand is about. If you think they're bad, you should try working in the music industry - sheesh...freak show :) Not my cup of tea, but I understand it.

Anyway, thats by-the-by I guess. The parties are just a sideshow.

Anyway... did anyone go to any enlightening 'sessions' with some goodies to share about where our industry is headed, SEO tips, etc? All the good stuff we are supposed to hear? -cheers

I wish I'd gone to more sessions than I did in retrospect, heard some good feedback from some of them. Hopefully there will be some presentations, videos etc posted in due course.

bonustreak

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The midget thing was a hoax that a club rounder up (not sure what you call those guys that stand outside clubs and say anything to get peps in) but it was definitely not really a show! I am quite sure Belagamo was stating how some strange things went on in that city and not stating it was something he enjoyed! I was there I know nothing like that happend or was watched by any iGaming folks.

I wish I'd gone to more sessions than I did in retrospect, heard some good feedback from some of them. Hopefully there will be some presentations, videos etc posted in due course.

They were posted not long ago in the iGaming Super Show page

Last edited:

Renee

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
Business wise for me I think the conference was definitely worth it.. I think there were more people at the show on the second day due to hangovers from Calvin's party, so I'd suggest maybe starting the days a little later but all in all I think it was great.

Regarding the comments about the midgets, Christine is right.. there was definitely nothing like that going on... Calvin's party was actually kinda cool and definitely not for anyone who is easily offended... Personally some of the stuff I saw there was not for me, but who am I to judge. I'm sure many people think the same of some things I like... Each to their own. Besides that, I think the point of all that was to get people talking, and that's exactly what he has done.. Just look at us here talking about it.

It was nice to finally meet some of the guys who I've worked with for so long and never gotten to meet...