How Long Does A Wordpress Custom Facelift For Existing Site Take?

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
With no idea what your pages are, and the many other variables which make up a WP site; blog; reviews; bonuses; etc., etc., ,asking this question, is akin to asking...How long is a piece of string?

Pages/blogs layout ONLY changes, when, the theme changes or is modded. Each page doesn't get a facelift.

Last edited:

edgarf76

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hi Dave, thank you for the response. I guess it is a much more complicated question (coding is not my strong point). Fortunately, they finished the theme. .The layout was done in around 2 months (included importing content) for playslots4realmoney. There used to be a basic flytonic theme and I had each page template done custom. Overall I am happy with it, I was getting frustrated with how long it was taking, which is why I started this thread.

xecutable

Stranger
Reaction score
May I suggest you make your devs, make the top mobile menu sticky, and perhaps add a back to the top arrow, as your pages are pretty descriptive, which makes them pretty long on a phone and without any navigation or a quick tap button, takes a lot of scrolling to move away from a page. And while the second suggestion is pure personal choice, the first one is pretty crucial.

edgarf76

Reaction score
May I suggest you make your devs, make the top mobile menu sticky, and perhaps add a back to the top arrow, as your pages are pretty descriptive, which makes them pretty long on a phone and without any navigation or a quick tap button, takes a lot of scrolling to move away from a page. And while the second suggestion is pure personal choice, the first one is pretty crucial.
I appreciate the suggestion, I am going to talk to them. Do you think that could have been done in less than 2 months?

xecutable

Stranger
Reaction score
Is the flytonic team behind the customization ? If it is them, my experience with them wasn't great at all, therefore I'm pretty biased to give them a bad review (bad being generous here). The length of time is pretty irrelevant metric I'd say, perhaps the hours spent on the theme would be a better measure. I can spend a half hour a day, for 16 days and get something done, but that'd be just a normal 8hr working day if this was my only project of course.

As for the sticky navbar it's just a few JavaScript lines. That shouldn't take more than an hour of testing it if it plays nice on all devices and that's that.

edgarf76

Reaction score
It is a custom site (used the same taxonomy as old flytonic site). I agree, Flytonic is not the best. My thought process previously was if it isn't broken don't fix it. I was ranking for some pretty nice terms and didn't want to shake it up. When the HCU came, I saw a drop and tried to make lemons from lemonade.

The sticky menu is a good idea, I am going to talk to the dev about it.