Google+

What do you think about Google+?

• I Love Google+

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I hate Google+

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I don't care about Google+

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • I am interested in Google+ but have not signed up yet.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

lots0

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
According to Google

60% engage daily
80% engage weekly

I see a lot of FB users not liking G+.
I remember a lot of Myspace users not liking FaceBook at first too... lol

I never used MS or FB much, seemed too much like high school BS to me. But I really like G+'s focus on Business, professionalism and most important to me, personal responsibility.

If someone is willing to put up a picture of themselves and a link to a 'trusted' professional/personal profile along with their articles and websites, it gives the author and website much more credibility than someone who calls themselves "hotmomma69" from cyberland (who in fact is a 450 pound, 53 year old male unemployed janitor), at least it does in my opinion. :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
According to Google

I see a lot of FB users not liking G+.
I remember a lot of Myspace users not liking FaceBook at first too... lol

I never used MS or FB much, seemed too much like high school BS to me. But I really like G+'s focus on Business, professionalism and most important to me, personal responsibility.

If someone is willing to put up a picture of themselves and a link to a 'trusted' professional/personal profile along with their articles and websites, it gives the author and website much more credibility than someone who calls themselves "hotmomma69" from cyberland (who in fact is a 450 pound, 53 year old male unemployed janitor), at least it does in my opinion. :)

I understand that... but I would bet that my G+ account would have been considered active when it was forced on me by my phone :) It logged in automatically and uploaded my pictures. = active in their minds. Everyone with an Android phone will have this.

I don't think it's a bad service, I just don't like being force-fed. I would feel the same if Facebook were super-integrated into my phone like this.

lots0

Reaction score
My understanding is that you can disable the picture sharing on Android.

From talking to a couple of googlers, they insist that just having The G+ App on your phone does not open a G+ account for you, you have to sign up personally and link your phone to your G+ account by hand inside your G+ account settings.

The photos are 'shared' by the same photo app that FB uses and they say the photo sharing can be disabled by the user.

So check your phone settings.

Last edited:

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
My understanding is that you can disable the picture sharing on Android.

From talking to a couple of googlers, they insist that just having The G+ App on your phone does not open a G+ account for you.

The photos are 'shared' by the same photo app that FB uses and they say the photo sharing can be disabled by the user.

So check your phone settings.

I know all this.. after all, I have custom ROMs on both my android phones :) The default settings that launch when you set up your phone are what want you to log your email account to G+. If you say yes, it will (by default) make you an active user. That's all I am saying. 95% of phone users (guessing) go with the defaults and since Android OS phones are the most popular by far .. that's a lot of new, active users per year. What was the number recently?? a million new phones a month that have android on it get sold? Something like that.

lots0

Reaction score
....If you say yes, it will (by default) make you an active user.
I do think you have to actually sign-up and give G+ your personal info (Name and address) to be considered an active G+ user.

Not everyone that has a google email account is a G+ account holder.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I do think you have to actually sign-up and give G+ your personal info (Name and address) to be considered an active G+ user.

Not everyone that has a google email account is a G+ account holder.

Yes, I know ;) I understand completely how it works. I re-burn my phone nearly every week, so I have to go through this every time I put a new ROM on my phone.

lots0

Reaction score
Oh I am not disagreeing with you about Google pushing G+. I am sure we will see much more marketing for G+ before long. They are making it "easy" to integrate G+ into everything. lol

Like I said, I am not big on the social stuff, but for business G+ is better (so far) than FB, imo.

If you want to promote your business or website online, G+ is hands down the best choice, imo.

Burning your phone once a week...sounds like a lot of 'work'... ;)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh I am not disagreeing with you about Google pushing G+. I am sure we will see much more marketing for G+ before long. They are making it "easy" to integrate G+ into everything. lol

Like I said, I am not big on the social stuff, but for business G+ is better (so far) than FB, imo.

If you want to promote your business or website online, G+ is hands down the best choice, imo.

Completely agree, to a point. It is way better for biz than the rest... however, FB apps can generate tons of revenue if done properly. So if you look 'out of the box', then there is likey more revenue on FB than G+ at the moment. I'm sure that will change soon enough :)

Burning your phone once a week...sounds like a lot of 'work'... ;)

Yeah, sometimes I wish I were not a techy engineer. If I could take apart the phone and figure out the internals without voiding EVERYTHING, I would do that too :)

95BET

Reaction score
Have yet to try it out. I waste enough time on FB

lots0

Reaction score
I take back everything good I said about G+...

G+ is NOT Gambling friendly.

They closed my G+ Page... Because it promotes gambling...

I voted for... Hate them.

xecutable

Stranger
Reaction score
I take back everything good I said about G+...

G+ is NOT Gambling friendly.

They closed my G+ Page... Because it promotes gambling...

I voted for... Hate them.

How long did it last?

lots0

Reaction score
How long did it last?
About 10 days.

This has really opened my eyes about google.

EVERYTHING and I mean everything I put on G+, is in the google SERP and those google SERP pages are loaded down with google adds.

Google banning gambling is all about Google making all the money and screw everyone else...

kingsino said:
Sucks, I hope they change their minds about gambling in the future.
I don't think they will, like I said they are making way too much money off of gambling the way it is now.

kingsino

Reaction score
We had our page up for months. Only when I found out it was against the terms today and posted here on CAP and GPWA our pages were taken down.

About 10 days.

This has really opened my eyes about google.

EVERYTHING and I mean everything I put on G+, is in the google SERP and those google SERP pages are loaded down with google adds.

Google banning gambling is all about Google making all the money and screw everyone else...

lots0

Reaction score
My tenure was so short because I brought the attention of google's management to my G+ page.

I am acquainted with a couple of top googlers, I have known them for years... I sent an email to one of them about my G+ Page (I wanted him to add me to his circles) and within 30 minutes of sending that email, my G+ page was suspended and now my email to this person is so far unanswered.

I am really upset at google over this. It would be different if google didn't make money off of gambling and censored ALL gambling... But they don't. This is ALL about the money... and google wants all the gambling money to it's self.

Last edited: