Google Manual Penalty

Alchemist

User-Requested Account Closure
Reaction score
I think testimonials are the only ones you should leave as they are. These are natural links to your site.

ddm

Former Member
Reaction score
I think testimonials are the only ones you should leave as they are. These are natural links to your site.
generally these are as bad as directory links - often your link shares the same page as 50 other links.
if they make up the BULK of what you call you "good links" in your backlink profile, it's probably "not good"

Alchemist

Reaction score
This is not the case i disagree. If that was the case then a link from Wiki should be considered spammy. Also @Aff_G big sites with bought links will NOT get a penalty. They have many natural links too so they dont have to worry about it. Share with me via PM a screenshot with your links if you like.

Aff_G

Reaction score
Well we are taking them down and we will see what happens, we can easily get them back if we need!

Watch this space!!

Frank

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
What is your white hatr tactic? its usually buying links for most along with PR thats also link buying

Aff_G

Reaction score
What is your white hatr tactic? its usually buying links for most along with PR thats also link buying

We do reports, thought leaderships general opinion articles which are published on industry and business publications because they are high quality pieces of editorial written by industry experts of 15 years experience plus.

We have never paid for a single link.

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
We had a manual penalty for one of our sites years ago. When we received the notification, our traffic went down by 70%.
Their was not a detailed explanation of what the problem was. We ended up removing a few links, and submitting a
reconsideration request. It was rejected. So, we ended up doing a complete audit of the site, the pages, the backlinks, etc.
We removed any backlink that looked unnatural (by requesting it be removed or by disavowing it) and we put together
a detailed spreadsheet of all of the links that were removed and all of the natural links to the web site. We sent this
spreadsheet with our reconsideration request, while also pledging to make sure the site meets Googles best practices.
If I remember correctly, it took about a week for the reconsideration request to be approved. Shortly after, our traffic was back.
you lost 70% after you fixed it you got back to a 100% of your traffic in the next few days... are they usually this 'kind' and 'helpful'?

Aff_G

Reaction score
So no update - its been about 2 months and google hasn't even looked or replied to our reconsideration request..

Obviously traffic has died a death..

I wonder if theres anyone who we can reach out to about it.

Alchemist

Reaction score
That's google yeah, at some point we had to communicate with them too. They respond after 1 month, sometimes never.
In the past i found some sites claiming to be able to lift manual penalties, i still don't trust them though.

NDG

Reaction score
you lost 70% after you fixed it you got back to a 100% of your traffic in the next few days... are they usually this 'kind' and 'helpful'?

We only had the one experience with a manual penalty. I remember being concerned at the time that maybe the
traffic level wouldn't rise back to what it was before the penalty, but it quickly went back up to normal again.

I guess if you have a manual action and you need to remove a bunch of links, then maybe your rankings
won't go back up because the links that you removed were contributing to your positive ranking before.

Aff_G

Reaction score
That's google yeah, at some point we had to communicate with them too. They respond after 1 month, sometimes never.
In the past i found some sites claiming to be able to lift manual penalties, i still don't trust them though.

Thats interesting - Do you mind if I ask how did you contact them?

Aff_G

Reaction score
We only had the one experience with a manual penalty. I remember being concerned at the time that maybe the
traffic level wouldn't rise back to what it was before the penalty, but it quickly went back up to normal again.

I guess if you have a manual action and you need to remove a bunch of links, then maybe your rankings
won't go back up because the links that you removed were contributing to your positive ranking before.

Im not to worried longterm im sure if will come back but its just taking so long for them to look at our request!

Alchemist

Reaction score
Thats interesting - Do you mind if I ask how did you contact them?
It was the ad platform they have and contacted them via the email they provide, can't remember which it is. Anyway this was an email for Google Ads and not for penalties or other things. They were very late and some emails never got any reply.