GiG Affiliates Migrating to Betsson Group Affiliates Nov 2020

MissExposé

Staff member
Reaction score
We received the following email:

"Dear Affiliate,

We hope you’re keeping well during these challenging times.

As previously communicated, Betsson acquired the GIG brands in April 2020, which includes the GIG Affiliate program.

As you may be aware, the GIG affiliate program is currently fragmented across two platforms, and it makes business sense that we merge into one to allow you a streamlined affiliate experience. With that said, as part of the purchase agreement, we did not retain the rights to be called ‘GIG affiliates’.

Being part of Betsson now, we’ll be migrating into Betsson Group Affiliates, and joining them in using their ‘MyAffiliates’ software.

We understand no one likes migrations, and there are a lot of moving parts but we are committed to making this as smooth and hassle-free as possible for you. We assure you that everything will remain the same, you will keep your same account manager for ‘GIG Brands’, which is now known as Zecure. Fee’s will not be increased; payments will remain on time.

Timeline:

2nd November: You will be sent details on how to log into ‘MyAffiliates’ for your new account. If you already have an existing BGA account with the same email, please reach out to support@betssongroupaffiliates.com, you will also have the option to merge accounts. Access to Income Access and Netrefer will also be restricted. To check October activity, please log into MyAffiliates/BetssonGroupAffiliates with your new username and password.

If you are having issues logging in, please email: support@betssongroupaffiliates.com or contact your account manager directly via skype.

Payments for October will be paid as usual, and the last payment will be sent from Mavrix Services as normal.

Once you have logged in to your new Betsson Group Affiliate account, we encourage you to start updating your tracking links so things go as smoothly as possible.

I’m sure you will have a lot of questions, and we’ve tried to answer the most common ones below. If we didn’t, please reach out to your account manager or email us at support@gigaffiliates.com

Will you be importing historical data?
We will not import historical player data before the 1st of October. It would be virtually impossible to get all reward plans to match from all the changes throughout the years. However, we will be importing your payment history into MyAffiliates for you to check.

Will my old tracking still work?
Yes – we will have old and new tracking working in parallel for 2 months to allow you time to change links over.

Do I need to update my tracking links and banners?
Yes, for clicks and views to be registered, you need to retrieve marketing material from MyAffiliates. The old links will still track until you can do so up until, 30th December.

What will happen to my payments?
For October commissions, you will be paid, as usual, From November, payments will go into the wallet where you will be able to request funds from the 10th of the month. If you’re not familiar with the Betsson Group Affiliates’ wallet, you can find more instructions here

Do I have to request a new deal?
No, your current deal will be migrated over to MyAffiliates on the 2nd November.

Who is my account manager?
Your account for the Zecure brands will remain unchanged if you haven’t been assigned an account manager yet, please contact us support@betssongroupaffiliates.com and we’ll put you in touch.

How can I log into my new account?
You will be sent an automatic email to your registered email address with your username and password so you can log in. If you no longer have access to that email address please email us at support@betssongroupaffiliates.com and we will assist you.

I already have a Betsson affiliate account, how will that work?
You can keep the accounts separate, or if you wish to merge them, we can also do that. Get in touch with your account manager who will arrange the merging of accounts.

Can you be my account manager for the Betsson brands?
No, as much as we’d love to help the teams are separate, you should stay in touch with your account manager there. If you don’t have one, please email support@betssongroupaffiliates.com to be assigned a manager.

Will the admin fee change?
No, all calculations and deductions will remain the same as they were before. Previously taxes, bonus and admin fees were all bundled together in the ‘bonus’ field. They will now be split; you will see actual bonus cost in the ‘bonus’ field and tax’s and admin fee will now be displayed in ‘Taxes/Fees [Product]’ field.

Will terms and conditions change?
Yes, you will need to accept the Betsson Group Affiliate Terms and conditions when logging into MyAffiliates. However, we’ve been busy in the background aligning the terms and conditions, so not much will change for you, and we remain a fair and friendly affiliate program. We will send a separate email this week explaining the changes to you for the sake of clarity.

If you have any further questions, please reach out to us support@betssongroupaffiliates.com, and we’ll be more than happy to answer them.

Kind regards,
GiG Affiliates Team"

ElaineGardiner

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm here if anyone has any questions or anything is unclear. Feel free to add me on skype: elaine.gardiner or email me directly: elaine.gardiner@betssongroup.com.

Thanks,
Elaine

MissExposé

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Elaine for being here to assist our members.

admin

Notification Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
A reminder is sent to all affiliate managers.

danniee

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Now I'm hearing though from their aff manager they won't migrate, so getting some conflicting messages? What is true?

ElaineGardiner

Reaction score
Hi Danniee,

I can confirm we will be migrating tomorrow.

Thanks,
Elaine

danniee

Reaction score
Ok, I was told it's not happening. Weird. Thanks for letting me know. So I guess just to wait for the email with account info tomorrow?

ElaineGardiner

Reaction score
Ok, I was told it's not happening. Weird. Thanks for letting me know. So I guess just to wait for the email with account info tomorrow?

yeh an email will be sent out tomorrow, more likely in the afternoon.

danniee

Reaction score
By the way, will this apply to old Betit platform too? (Thrills/Kaboo)? Or will that remain as is?

ElaineGardiner

Reaction score
yes thrills and kaboo will also be moving.

danniee

Reaction score
Jfyi, the betit aff portal is down and I am yet to receive a mail so can't check my stats.

TipAGambler

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for opening this thread.
I have a question regarding another email I received regarding new terms.
It looks ok in first sight, however, it will be nice if they will be explained in plain words if possible please

ElaineGardiner

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for opening this thread.
I have a question regarding another email I received regarding new terms.
It looks ok in first sight, however, it will be nice if they will be explained in plain words if possible please

Hi, sure no problem.

So there are 2 clauses that I've mentioned in the email which I think are the most significant ones.

1) Betsson have removed their minimum player clause, so you're account won't get closed if you don't send 1 player per month.
2) High Roller policy, if your player wins big (> 50,000 Euros), they are ring-fenced until they lose the winnings back. This will stop it having a negative impact on your commission from other players.

All the changes we have made have been positive changes, we've been working with AGD on this to ensure they are as friendly as possible for affiliates.

Let me know if you need any further explanation.

Thanks,
Elaine

Elgoog

Reaction score
Kudos Andy and Betsson!
For finally removing the minimum player clause!