GGPoker Enforces Daily / Monthly Player Deposit Limits & Affordability Checks

ddm

Former Member
Reaction score
Online poker site GGPoker, part of the Good-Game Network has sent an email to registered players informing them of new deposit limits enforced by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC).

Players will be able to deposit a maximum of $200 a day / $1300 a month on the site unless they submit documentation which shows that higher deposit limits are affordable.

more: https://pokerindustrynews.com/poker...it-limits-unless-affordability-checks-passed/

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
No it does not Gooner.

These fucks, and many others, want you to provide unredacted bank statements showing your paycheck information. They want you to prove to them that you earn enough money, in their judgement, to spend it.

And then, they will "keep it safe".

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT SHIT

ddm

Former Member
Reaction score
It sounds reasonable ...

it's not practical to play poker for a living under these conditions, especially when they move to a "single customer view" across all operators, given that variance is real, swings are real, and we need to reload, top up, receive p2p transfers from backers / stakers etc.
all this just adds tape + bs to the eco system.
yet you can go "bet" on the stockmarket with no checks..

nanny state.

they will do away with this affordability shit soon. industry will go nutso. you will see.

NDG

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Not reasonable at all. Players should be able to deposit whatever they want. Government is suppose to SERVE the people.

TheGooner

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
$1300 a month as a standard deposit limit seems reasonable to me.
Players can go through a process if they want more - or use sites that don't comply - via crypto or wallets or other funding sources.

Look I know how much big players deposit, win and lose ... and as an affiliate I also know that's where a large portion of earnings is.

But objectively I think that's not an outrageous limit given all the rhetoric the online gambling industry has made about the sites providing enjoyment and entertainment.

Is it nanny state? Yes.
Is it going to hit business hard? Yes.
But is it a reasonable limit for most players? Yes as well.

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
$1300 a month as a standard deposit limit seems reasonable to me.
Players can go through a process if they want more - or use sites that don't comply - via crypto or wallets or other funding sources.

Look I know how much big players deposit, win and lose ... and as an affiliate I also know that's where a large portion of earnings is.

But objectively I think that's not an outrageous limit given all the rhetoric the online gambling industry has made about the sites providing enjoyment and entertainment.

Is it nanny state? Yes.
Is it going to hit business hard? Yes.
But is it a reasonable limit for most players? Yes as well.
The government does not have a right to tell me how I can spend the money that I earn with my labor.

Fuck that.

Fuck the nanny-state. I have a mother already.