FAIL: Flutter ‘Celebrates’ Safer Gambling Week by Gifting Problem Gamblers Free Spins

ddm

Former Member
Reaction score
Flutter-owned Sky Vegas will be investigated by the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) following the news that known recovering gambling addicts were emailed a promotion that offered them free spins.

The promotional email was sent during the annual Safer Gambling Week, an initiative that Flutter, who owns multiple brands including Paddy Power, Betfair, and FanDuel, has been quite vocal about its support of in the last few days.

SlotBonuses

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
No system is apparently gambler proof or up to date.

The article states Flutter was fined £1 million in 2018. It also says one complaint stated that he was self-excluded and enrolled in Gamban and GamStop.

Wikipedia and others says PPB (Paddy Power & Betfair merged 2015) was fined £2.2 million

Even Gamstop's website (Last updated 28/10/2021) shows participating companies that include "PPB" even though they were rebranded as "Flutter" in 2019 and are listed on the London Stock Exchange as FLTR.

ddm

Former Member
Reaction score
the % of suicides that are gambling related is not a joke.

Alchemist

User-Requested Account Closure
Reaction score
There is no way to keep the gambler safe, if he wants he will play no matter what.. Free Spins to these kind of players is surely a bad idea.. On the other hand, being a gambling addict my self (especially in the past years) safer week or free spins or other actions changes nothing for me.. I will still play when I want.. Just saying my point of view..