Backlinks

Bombati

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hi

We have a sports betting website that’s ranking ok for some keywords but we want to kick on.

We’ve never done backlinks before and was just wondering if anyone is interested in helping / returning the favour for each other primarily in sports betting.

The website we run is www.amfreeracingtips.co.uk

Thanks for reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MartinCalvert

Reaction score
Guys I'd encourage you to read a few articles on this. Reciprocal links are against Google's guidelines but more to the point they probably are not going to give you much of a lift.

If you do reciprocal links a lot, your link profile will stand out as being different from the norm.

Right now about 25% of the links a medium sized site gets are reciprocal - usually without trying so if 50% of your links are reciprocal, that's unusual - and Google doesn't like anything that looks unusual or manipulative.

There are good searchenginejournal and ahrefs articles on this topic that can be found easily.

ARZ

Reaction score
Guys I'd encourage you to read a few articles on this. Reciprocal links are against Google's guidelines but more to the point they probably are not going to give you much of a lift.

If you do reciprocal links a lot, your link profile will stand out as being different from the norm.

Right now about 25% of the links a medium sized site gets are reciprocal - usually without trying so if 50% of your links are reciprocal, that's unusual - and Google doesn't like anything that looks unusual or manipulative.

There are good searchenginejournal and ahrefs articles on this topic that can be found easily.

Yes, you are right. Although I think an exchange of the links from websites from totally the same niche can be good idea, but not much. 50% is a crazy number indeed, but when you have links from various naturally looking sources, it can be a small plus as I see it.