Anyone with experience using Rank Math plugin or the PokerRake WP theme - Help please

AidanLCFC

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Got 2 sites using the same PokerRake theme, but one I've decided to use the Rank Math plugin instead of all in 1 seo. Right, I don'really understand Schema Mark up or anything but I noticed a slight difference in the 2 sites. One where the reviews are, like coral or whatever, even have review in the url but google are listing the review with the word affiliate in the url in the SERPS, which obviously doesn't look good in the serps for the user.The other site, the reviews are listed fine in google and how I'd expect.
Now, I did a bit of digging and found this <script type="application/ld+json" class="rank-math-schema"> and anyone that knows will know then there is a load of code instructing, which in it I found ".com/review/","name":"Affiliate"}}"
So I have found the bit that is instructing google to list it as affiliate, but the question is, how the hell do I change that?

Also any advise actually using schema would be great as I ain't got a clue

Cheers

Aidan

xecutable

Stranger
Reaction score
Check your Schema settings under Rank Math -> Dashboard -> Schema -> Settings. There are different mark ups for titles, descriptions, sort of schema to be used and so on. This is only to be used if your theme isn't using schema already, which a lot of the newer ones, that have been designed for gambling affiliates already do. That would cause conflicts.

The Schema settings come with a little previews and examples from your current pool of posts/pages so you might be able to pinpoint the issue. If you still can't DM me the link and I can take a look at it later on.

Cheers

AidanLCFC

Reaction score
Check your Schema settings under Rank Math -> Dashboard -> Schema -> Settings. There are different mark ups for titles, descriptions, sort of schema to be used and so on. This is only to be used if your theme isn't using schema already, which a lot of the newer ones, that have been designed for gambling affiliates already do. That would cause conflicts.

The Schema settings come with a little previews and examples from your current pool of posts/pages so you might be able to pinpoint the issue. If you still can't DM me the link and I can take a look at it later on.

Cheers
I've been looking through that and can't for the life of me see where it's pulling the word "affiliate" from, it isn't in the url, for example xxxxxxx.uk.com/review/redzone/ is one, but in google the page shows as xxxx.uk.com > Affiliate
It comes from this ".com/review/","name":"Affiliate"}}" but how I change that name I have now idea

DaftDog

Reaction score
I've been looking through that and can't for the life of me see where it's pulling the word "affiliate" from, it isn't in the url, for example xxxxxxx.uk.com/review/redzone/ is one, but in google the page shows as xxxx.uk.com > Affiliate
It comes from this ".com/review/","name":"Affiliate"}}" but how I change that name I have now idea

In the post concerned, take a look at the Rank Math settings and see what schema is in use for that article. You're able to delete schema you no longer want. Click the schema generator button and this should install the correct settings for this particular post.

rankmath-schema.png

gm2891

Reaction score
See if you have "Remove Snippet Data" set to "on", this could be what adds those things to your URLs, or maybe incorrect Permalink Structure.

I'd turn off everything they add automatically and only keep some things on that I need and 100% know what they're doing. Otherwise, if they are incorrectly set, they can ruin your site rankings.

With their schema, you have three options:

Generate: This allows you to fill your stuff in ready-made templates
Custom: You can make one yourself
Import: With this, you can enter a URL from any website and import their schema, change their contents for yours, and then save it for your page.

22.png

Last edited:

gm2891

Reaction score
Me yes. Sometimes pull out schema from other websites with the help of rank math and edit it to suit my sites. Also using https://schemantra.com/, they have 1400 schema types, you can even link them all them together if needed.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
if they are incorrectly set, they can ruin your site rankings.

While I understand the attraction of Rank Math because of its purported ability to maximise one's keyword(s) content, IMHO it's more akin to snake-oil, especially in OUR industry, where, mainstream SEO rules don't apply.

All in 1 SEO, I've been using it since 2009, and frankly, its always worked for me.

There's an old saying, 'if it aint broken, don't fix it'.

gm2891

Reaction score
While I understand the attraction of Rank Math because of its purported ability to maximise one's keyword(s) content, IMHO it's more akin to snake-oil, especially in OUR industry, where, mainstream SEO rules don't apply.

All in 1 SEO, I've been using it since 2009, and frankly, its always worked for me. There's an old saying, 'if it aint broken, don't fix it'.
If I had your technical knowledge/skills I would use non of them :D

AidanLCFC

Reaction score

All in 1 SEO, I've been using it since 2009, and frankly, its always worked for me.

There's an old saying, 'if it aint broken, don't fix it'.

TBF, with the theme I'm using it does recommend all-in-one, but the free version doesn't allow you to optimise category pages. Rank Math does s currently that's the only reason I'm using it