AGD Team

mojo

Banned
Reaction score
To continue the conversation here:

Tradition

Who **exactly** is the AGD Team?

How do you determine who gets the green light?

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
To continue the conversation here:

Tradition

Who **exactly** is the AGD Team?

How do you determine who gets the green light?

The AGD Team is comprised of affiliates who have been in the industry for many years.

We determine who gets certified by individually reading through, talking about, and voting upon the terms and conditions. If there is a majority ruling that the program can be certified, they are. If not, then we mediate with the affiliate program to bring the terms more inline with an affiliate-friendly organization.

lots0

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I think mojo is looking for a list of names.
Not the qualifications of, or criteria for selecting, the team members.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, the AGD team members can certainly let you know who they are. They are not paid and as such I can't simply divulge their names.

No - I am not a politician... and I think you all know me better than that. I am as forthcoming as they come (IMO) and I am not trying to wordsmith my way around this.

Personally, I don't see where it is anyone's business. We work fairly here and that is very obvious to all involved with AGD.

Again - if they want to put their names up here, that is fine...

Thanks, BTW, Rick!

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
I think mojo is looking for a list of names.
Not the qualifications of, or criteria for selecting, the team members.

That doesn't sound like a very good idea to me.

If it's public, AM's will know it too and may try to cozy up to team members to influence decisions. It seems a lot better without AMs knowing who is voting.

I think it's fine as is. No one can influence votes.

mojo

Banned
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that you have earned respect from affiliates. It is a great service here and in return affs should in turn support you. I think it's safe to say we all want to see you grow and enjoy success from your hard work. It is not always easy to do what you do sometimes but you do it because it's the right thing to do.

I personally do think it's everyones business who makes decisions because it effects us as a community of affys. Just like in anytown where there are boards of selectman and boards of this and that. Open transparancy saves a lot of speculation. I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be common knowledge. However, if you don't want to make that open that is up to you of course.

We do see alot of 'AGD Team' but we have no idea what that is and I certainly respect your decisions. There is nothing wrong with having a team and the help of your mods and friends here. I imagine it would be pretty tough to get everything done without them.

Out of curiosity Andy, have you considered having a independant 3rd party on your team that is non-industry?

mojo

Banned
Reaction score
That doesn't sound like a very good idea to me.

If it's public, AM's will know it too and may try to cozy up to team members to influence decisions. It seems a lot better without AMs knowing who is voting.

I think it's fine as is. No one can influence votes.

Lotso is correct, I would not ask for qualifications. We probably know everyone anyway. :)

I can't think of another board that has a secret panel.

It's certainly up to you guys here, we see AGD team and naturally there is curiosity. But whatever works.

Engineer

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm one of the certification team members. I think this is common knowledge, though -- I've had the "Certification Member" title next to my avatar for a long time. ;)

lots0

Reaction score
Personally I don't care one way or the other... who the 'team' is, as long as the decisions that are made in the future are of the same quality as the past decisions.

In other words... you guys at AGD are doing a great job imo.

Daera

Reaction score
I agree, "The Team" is doing a great job.. as always.

I'll take a guess who I think "The Team" is. I guess it's Dom, Bonus, Engineer and Andy. (Did I forget anyone?) Unless it is a super secret panel. LOL

Keep up the good work!

greek39

Reaction score
Although I do not know who exactly the team members are I need not too IMO. But I do the history as to why the AGD was created, because it had to out of necessity. And frankly I love the team and believe they are doing an outstanding job.

IMO what impresses me most AGD has proven that they cannot and will not be bought at the expense of the affiliate. But enough said the AGD deserves a huge thank you.

greek39

Daera

Reaction score
Although I do not know who exactly the team members are I need not too IMO. But I do the history as to why the AGD was created, because it had to out of necessity. And frankly I love the team and believe they are doing an outstanding job.

IMO what impresses me most AGD has proven that they cannot and will not be bought at the expense of the affiliate. But enough said the AGD deserves a huge thank you.

greek39

Well said Greek.. :)