Twitter??

Alex C Betfair

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Haven't been on Twitter very long and I'm trying to make the most out of it. ???

I am told its better the more people I follow?

If anyone has any tips on how they use theirs, or even if you think it is a good tool for affiliate marketing would be great to hear your thoughts and get your account so I can follow you?

My account is AlexJCorcoran

Alex ;D

theshortstack

Reaction score
While there's a thread going for advice on Twitter, could someone also let me know what the point of the '#' symbol is?

What does it do?

Cheers

Alex C Betfair

Reaction score
I'm not too sure on that either. I know its tagging something in your tweet and then if people search for the word you tagged they can read related posts.

Not sure how to utilise it best though!

Vladi

Reaction score
This may be different for a highly recognisable brand like Betfair, but for affiliates I have concluded that its mostly a waste of time. The reason why people tell you to follow lots of others is because its like a popularity contest where people will only follow you if you follow them. So what you end up with is thousands of followers, almost none of which are in any way interested in you or your messages, rather they just want you to follow them to get their count up.

Not too sure but I think the # symbol is like a topic tag or something. So all posts using that tag can be read in one stream.

Peter-Jan

Reaction score
This may be different for a highly recognisable brand like Betfair, but for affiliates I have concluded that its mostly a waste of time. The reason why people tell you to follow lots of others is because its like a popularity contest where people will only follow you if you follow them. So what you end up with is thousands of followers, almost none of which are in any way interested in you or your messages, rather they just want you to follow them to get their count up.

Not too sure but I think the # symbol is like a topic tag or something. So all posts using that tag can be read in one stream.

Agreed. People can follow my brand on Twitter but I will never follow to return the favor.

It's just not worth it. Also, most people's productivity would get a boost from less interactivity and information gathering, not more.