The Best Off and Onshore Company Setups for 2020?

Winpip

Reaction score
Firstly, Happy New Year AGD.

I'm looking to launch my own spin on an affiliate site in the next few months targeting the EU/UK market.

My question is less about being tax efficient and more about finding jurisdictions that are good from a program acceptance and KYC perspective.

I know the standard advice would be to operate under my own name until I show a profit, but this is not an option for me because I'd be without the protection of limited liabilty.

Which jurisdictions would you recommend I look into or steer clear of?

Joonas

Certification Member
Staff member
Reaction score
In Malta, it's quite impossible to find a reputable bank that would open a gaming-related account nowadays as a few months back the country was red-flagged by European counterparts. I would look into countries where gambling is regulated, such as the UK and Sweden. I hear Portugal should be okay as well.

What kind of liability are you concerned about?

Biti

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
This question pops up once a month.

The answer is usually that it's the best thing to just open a company within the country you're living. Your chances to get a bank account and no trouble with tax authorities is the biggest if your company is registered in the country you're living.

Affiliate programs accept whatever company that delivers them NDP's and - if you're targeting the UK - is working in a compliant manner.

Also, KYC related, you'll have fewer problems if - for example - you're living in Slovakia and working with a company in Slovakia, having a Slovakian bank account than - also, for example - a company in Belize, with some bank account in St. Vincent and you living in Sweden.

I'd spend the energy in developing your projects instead of thinking about all kind of exotic company structures that in the end will just lead to problems everywhere.