Google "parasite" update

AidanLCFC

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Interesting that Danny Sullivan has said it's only manual actions going on at the moment
I wondered why I'd not seen anything in the SERPS regarding them changing, but just looked now and noticed the first casualty, the telegraph has now been thumped in the free bets/betting sector, and that was doing really well for a couple of years. Lets see who else gets done

forumsaddict_reboot

Reaction score
Parasite seo killing is not good or bad news for the ones that have been HCUed or Cored.

If anything these dumps would be replaced by competitor affiliate sites or main betting companies.

Unless your site recovers or was never hit by their HCU, these updates are meaningless.

Yes good news for those who are currently on the second page.

baldidiot

Reaction score
Parasite seo killing is not good or bad news for the ones that have been HCUed or Cored.

If anything these dumps would be replaced by competitor affiliate sites or main betting companies.

Unless your site recovers or was never hit by their HCU, these updates are meaningless.

Yes good news for those who are currently on the second page.

I don't agree with this, there's nothing stopping people hit by the HCU from starting new sites. And if the telegraph et al get obliterated then it will be easier to rank new sites. Ie: It's a good thing for all small affiliates.

Besides, there have currently been no examples of HCU hit sites recovering. So the best strategy at the moment is to park the hit sites and start a new one in a more HCU friendly way. Or buy a site that wasn't hit.

If and when sites start recovering then go back to the old ones to fix them, but right now there's literally been no recoveries that I'm aware of.

edgarf76

Reaction score
I don't agree with this, there's nothing stopping people hit by the HCU from starting new sites. And if the telegraph et al get obliterated then it will be easier to rank new sites. Ie: It's a good thing for all small affiliates.

Besides, there have currently been no examples of HCU hit sites recovering. So the best strategy at the moment is to park the hit sites and start a new one in a more HCU friendly way. Or buy a site that wasn't hit.

If and when sites start recovering then go back to the old ones to fix them, but right now there's literally been no recoveries that I'm aware of.
yep, I just read an article in the seroundtable that says they can recover and grow but none has recovered yet.

baldidiot

Reaction score
yep, I just read an article in the seroundtable that says they can recover and grow but none has recovered yet.

Someone from Google also made the comment that sites will take time to recover because they need to see that the site has changed in the long term. So by definition we're not going to see sites just jumping back in the serps because you've made a few changes.

At some point they made reference to "several months".

eenzoo

Reaction score
But that would be a brave bet ... If a site has lost 90% of traffic and the remaining is just something irrelevant, you must be VERY optimist to work further on that site with hope of recovery in the long run.