Alternative to Google Analytics

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been changing over all my analytics from either Google or phpTrafficA to a nicer platform (IMO), called Piwik. This is an open source platform and just launched version 1.3. It is pretty nice and does a hell of a job showing visitor logs too. Shows keywords (of course) and the # where you rank. Like:

visitorlog.jpg

That's a view of the visitor log and what I like are the SERPS listings for each keyword that forwards a visitor. Very nice. In addition to that, there are the actions that show the path the visitor takes and even shows outlinks, so if a user clicks on a banner that click can be shown.

The dashboard is a pretty nice 10,000 foot view of your website and it's metrics as well:

dashboard.jpg

The plugin system allows you to put a lot more on the dashboard or even extend it yourself if you want.

And, on top of that, there is an API which allows you to make use of Piwik. My next goal is to take my Banner Server and tie it directly to Piwik to give some indepth outbound tracking statistics!

It's well worth taking a look. Again, it's 100% free and is built by the guys who created phpAdsNew (OpenX) Ad Server.

Link: Piwik - Web analytics - Open source

Attachments

• dashboard.jpg
    dashboard.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 29
  • visitorlog.jpg
    visitorlog.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
does it tell you time on page? How long users spend on the page?
Bounce rates?

Bounce Rate - For Entry Pages, yes

How Long Users spend on the page - Not that I can find

Time on page - Average time on entry pages

There are plugins that may tell you this stuff, though, and I am still learning about it even though it has been online for about 6 months on one of my sites.

michael26a

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Looks really good, thanks for the info. I've just been using my Cpanel awstats for all of my websites statistics, but I think its about time I upgraded how I study my search analytics. I think i'll give your suggestion a try :)

Chips

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I have been using Piwik since late last year. Never looked back. Very robust and plenty of control in what to see in your dashboard.