1xBet fined €400k

MissExposé

Staff member
Reaction score
1xBet is the latest company to have been fined by Netherlands’ gambling regulators for serving Dutch punters without local permission.

"Among the criteria the KSA uses to identify unauthorized operators include offering services in the Dutch language, offering payment processing services via the popular local option iDEAL, and not geo-blocking Dutch IP addresses from accessing the sites."

More info here: https://calvinayre.com/2019/02/25/b...for-serving-dutch-punters-without-permission/

Biti

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Almost no website is GEO-blocking Dutch IP addresses, thus way to go.

I wonder if 1xBet will pay this fine. Players winning a 4 digit sum are having hard times to cash out there money there...

hazartnata

Reaction score
I think it's about time the Dutch guys to make a normal licensing system and to legalise the online gambling. Imposing a big fines on big companies like Betsson and 1xbet will not resolve their issues.

Biti

Reaction score
That's written in the topic title. Spammer.

The Stone

Reaction score
That's written in the topic title. Spammer.
Do people only spam to get their posting numbers up or are there other advantages?

I think it's about time the Dutch guys to make a normal licensing system and to legalise the online gambling. Imposing a big fines on big companies like Betsson and 1xbet will not resolve their issues.
I agree, and other markets should do the same

xecutable

Stranger
Reaction score
Almost no website is GEO-blocking Dutch IP addresses, thus way to go.

I wonder if 1xBet will pay this fine. Players winning a 4 digit sum are having hard times to cash out there money there...

Apparently they are appealing it, so that will at least delay it with a few weeks/months. Kinda baffles me, why a country that has legalized mild drugs and prostitution is hesitant on online gambling.

Do people only spam to get their posting numbers up or are there other advantages?

A do follow link in their profile/signature which according to their seo book (dated 2001) is one of the strongest ranking signals out there.:D Yup silly but there are a few of those literally wasting time and clogging the forums with meaningless messages

The Stone

Reaction score
Apparently they are appealing it, so that will at least delay it with a few weeks/months. Kinda baffles me, why a country that has legalized mild drugs and prostitution is hesitant on online gambling.

A do follow link in their profile/signature which according to their seo book (dated 2001) is one of the strongest ranking signals out there.:D Yup silly but there are a few of those literally wasting time and clogging the forums with meaningless messages
Maybe Holland just don't see the prostitution and drugs as a good thing so they're trying to act on experience. They have seriously cut down on coffee shops, that's for sure :(:(

I didn't know that with the spammers but it makes sense. You reckon there are a lot of them on here?

xecutable

Stranger
Reaction score
Nah not in here and even in the other forum ( which i stopped using for that reason) there aren't A Lot just a few persistent ones.

As for the Dutch idk while I lived there for 2.5y they stroke me as a very free will nation so again it surprises me that online gambling is a no no area.

The Stone

Reaction score
They're all just afraid. People who like to gamble will always find somewhere to gamble. It's the same with those who like drugs or alcohol. Countries just need to control it and learn from others and their own mistakes. At least that's my take on it.