Your Personal Info Exposed!!!

Redbush54

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Has your Personal Info been exposed? A site called Spokeo is a new online USA phone book w/personal info: pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, home value, income, age, etc. You can remove yourself! Search for yourself on their site (don't buy the access), copy that URL of your page, and then go to the bottom of the home page and click on the PRIVACY button to remove yourself.

This is no joke...I found every member of my family there along with all the information stated above.

winyourwaykyle

Reaction score
Does anyone know if something similar to this exists in Canada?
I have never come across anything, but I would be interested to know.

This is borderline an invasion of privacy... They are on a fine line of the law on this one.

slotplayer

Reaction score
thanks - I was listed 4 times. One address was from 1998. I managed to remove 2 as they limit it per email.

I found that site quite disturbing. I'm not a member of facebook either so perhaps they got the data from some place else, although I've had facebook invites which I ignore.

Last edited:

TGP

Reaction score
I dont like this site, im going to take it down!

Vladi

Reaction score
Not very nice. The worst thing is that they are just aggregating publicly available information. You remove yourself from spokeo and all your information is still available from wherever they got it for the next site to aggregate and use.