Wordpress backups

ukpoker

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have been using a few different ones, but I was wondering what you use to back up your Wordpress site and Database.

I would prefer a WP plugin to so both in one, to keep it simple, maybe one with a schedule!

I was looking at this wordpress . designpraxis . at/plugins/backupwordpress/ anyone use it?

Chips

Reaction score
I Use "WordPress Database Backup". It can be set to backup and email me the zip file one or more times daily. Was a real life saver when one of my blogs was hacked.

bb1webs

Reaction score
I wonder is that a plug-in? I'll look for it when I can get back into my accounts. I'm having ssh put in and it takes them 3 days!!!

I don't even know what ssh is lol. but apparently one of my sites needs it.

Renee

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
ssh is a secure shell.. Usually used in unix based programs.

Webzcas

Reaction score
If you use cPanel, just generate a full home directory backup. It then tars/gzips up the entire site, databases included. Easiest way and painless to restore if you ever need to ;)

Also your hosting company should perform daily incremental backups, which can be restored upon request. You may need to check into this if you are on a 'shared' hosting solution.

Failing that, I can offer 'free' hosting on our dedicated server which is hosted with coreix.net. Daily, Weekly and Monthly FULL backups are performed of all sites on the server. Restoring mysql databases for VBulletin, Wordpress etc are straightforward should the need arise.

Send me a PM if interested.

Last edited:

ukpoker

Reaction score
I have my own Hosting Reseller account with cpanel I use the backup feature too, but is a pain to have to go into phpmyadmin o export sql, so was was looking for a wp plugin to do simply.

Simmo!

Reaction score
Yup I use the WP plugin mentioned above in Post 2. Works like a dream :)

Aussie-Dave

Former AGD Member
Reaction score
If you use cPanel, just generate a full home directory backup. It then tars/gzips up the entire site, databases included. Easiest way and painless to restore if you ever need to ;)

Can always setup a cron job to take a 24 hour backup.

Though if that's a challenge for you, I'd agree with Dave. In stuff like this, if you don't have Cpanel, I'd rather take a few extra minutes to access the database directly and perform a manual download.

Some of these add on plugs ect...ect are great. But it's not until something fails and you lose your DB that you realise everything is not 100% fool proof. And with some things the manual process saves the bacon!

Cheers

:)

Dave

DoggyStyle

Reaction score
Sorry, I have a noob question :D

What exactly does the back-up plugin?
Saving tables, I know, but do I have download and save manually my texts&images? Thanks.