WMT: Duplicate Title Tags

cassaon888

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'd really appreciate your help with this one.

I am busy going through WMT and I noticed that we have duplicate title tags created by attachments being indexed as a post in wordpress. I looked at the media section in wordpress and it shows that we have 700 unattached files - so in essence we have over 700 pages of flimsy content? Google it seems has indexed over 140 of them so far (hence the 140 duplicate title tags).

What I have done is written some code that temporary redirects the unattached image posts to the homepage and permanently redirects (301) the attached images to the parent post.

What I want to know is, is this any good in term of SEO? Should I rather no-index the attachment posts?

Thanks.

mikebuchanan12

Reaction score
Just 301 redirect would do imo, but if you want to play safe, deindex those from the webmaster tools and delete them, not that you have any benefit from those indexed. Just do not delete before deindex them.

cassaon888

Reaction score
Hi,

So far it seems that we have had positive results, some of the keywords we use have climbed a few spots in the SERPs. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

Thanks.

Last edited: