What Do You Guys Think About The New Wordpress

edgarf76

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, did everyone install the new wordpress update? What do you think about it? I don't like where you insert the link. It used to have the feature where you could place the title in the link without having to put it in the code afterward. What is everyones thoughts?

Shay

Reaction score
I do not use the buttons nor do I use the visual tab, so to me nothing has changed in how I do things. I manually put everything in so that it turns out (in theory) exactly how I want it.

byebyebaby

Reaction score
i HATE the new link option. I link a lot to own pages and that was very easy. Now have to copy the link and paste it into the new thing....

DaftDog

Reaction score
Hey everybody, did everyone install the new wordpress update? What do you think about it? I don't like where you insert the link. It used to have the feature where you could place the title in the link without having to put it in the code afterward. What is everyones thoughts?

I used to be a title attribute text fanatic as well but discovered recently that it is a waste of time. This article explains why title attribute text should not be used.

Last edited:

RyanWeb

Reaction score
I don't use the visual tab either so I hadn't noticed a difference, I did watch the video about the update and it looked like a cool idea.. But I only edit in text mode.. I feel like using visual adds a bunch of extra (junk) code that is unnecessary. Maybe I am wrong about that, but thats just my personal theory..

jopaa

Reaction score
I don't use the visual tab either so I hadn't noticed a difference

Same here. I made some new posts today on some of my websites and everything looks the same.

DaftDog

Reaction score
I don't use the visual tab either so I hadn't noticed a difference, I did watch the video about the update and it looked like a cool idea.. But I only edit in text mode.. I feel like using visual adds a bunch of extra (junk) code that is unnecessary. Maybe I am wrong about that, but thats just my personal theory..

Using visual mode in the WordPress TinyMCE editor does not add any extra junk code. Using text mode will allow you to add specific html elements that you may require.

DaftDog

Reaction score
....... is Vivi a real poster or just trying to achieve a record breaking highest post count to a forum in a day..? She is bumping just about every old thread on the forum..

I'm also amazed that the Vivi Fox spam-bot account has not been shut down yet.

Vivi Fox

Banned
Reaction score
I'm also amazed that the Vivi Fox spam-bot account has not been shut down yet.
I am also amazed that you guys cannot realize

That I am genuine and have spent more than 10 hours

On this forum, studying.

How many people do that?

Thanks a lot guys!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
@Vivi Fox is new, but is not a spam bot. I think @Vivi Fox , you do have to realize that spammers are the ones who dig up old posts and post in those threads. That is what you have been doing. So - it is very understandable in a spam-laden industry, that many will be frustrated and think your posts are spam-related. Remember - I told you in our original emails that spammers try to increase their post counts so they can drop links (this doesn't work at AGD - but they don't know that).

Anyway - @Vivi Fox is real. Just very enthused about the industry at the moment. For @Vivi Fox - please try to post in new threads instead of replying to old threads. Many that you replied to do not make sense in the context of your reply (expecially the ones asking to promote the affiliate program)... those threads are mostly about other topics :) That is also what members see and worry about. Spammers dig up old posts. It is common.

Andy

Vivi Fox

Banned
Reaction score
@Vivi Fox is new, but is not a spam bot. I think @Vivi Fox , you do have to realize that spammers are the ones who dig up old posts and post in those threads. That is what you have been doing. So - it is very understandable in a spam-laden industry, that many will be frustrated and think your posts are spam-related. Remember - I told you in our original emails that spammers try to increase their post counts so they can drop links (this doesn't work at AGD - but they don't know that).

Anyway - @Vivi Fox is real. Just very enthused about the industry at the moment. For @Vivi Fox - please try to post in new threads instead of replying to old threads. Many that you replied to do not make sense in the context of your reply (expecially the ones asking to promote the affiliate program)... those threads are mostly about other topics :) That is also what members see and worry about. Spammers dig up old posts. It is common.

Andy
My sincere apologies Andy.

I am new to this and was not aware

It would be considered spam.

Thank you for your support.

I will try my best,

To ensure I be good.

How do I know,

Which posts are new?

Is there a way of finding out?

Regards.

tiffany146

Reaction score
I love that the sharing is way more simple now. You are able to post the content right from the apps