Warning **don't deal with canaryjohn** - RESOLVED

bettingappguide

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
A heads up to other members....

We purchased an affiliate account from AGD member canaryjohn back in September. Made payment for the account, all went through OK, and then we updated our payment details with the program.

The program updated their back end and for an unknown reason, at the start of the month when the monthly payment was sent, they went to the old payment details and not ours.

We have contacted him several times on here, on GPWA, and also via email with no reply. I have explained what happened and he should return the commission to them or send it on to us.

I even made a thread on gpwa in case he had not seen the emails or messages on here.

https://www.gpwa.org/forum/fao-canaryjohn-254835.html#post941726

Again, no reply.

We spoke to the program after the payment was made to the old account and explained what happened but they have no way to return the payment, which I get. They are saying the new payment details didn't save and have no way to claim back the payment.

All we want is for him to do the decent and honest thing and return the funds (that were ours) but he is ignoring all messages.

Insider

Reaction score
I am sorry that you have problems with the takeover.

You can only appeal to the previous owner decency. It's always difficult to do business with people you don't know personally.

Have you tried to contact this guy once over social media profile ?

https://twitter.com/canaryjohn

If the member stopped working in this business then you will have no chance to get your money back.

But it doesn't change the fact that it happened that way. I hope it's not about a lot of money that has been lost and you can get over it.

In this business trust and honesty are extremely important, but unfortunately there are enough black sheeps.

Last edited:

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
@bettingappguide - sorry to hear this, that sucks.

https://www.gpwa.org/member/canaryjohn (was last logged into GPWA Last Activity: 10 Nov 2020)

Seems like someone is ignoring you. It should only take 1 or 2 emails/PM's to get a reply. FYI... He's a private member, hence, I'd be making contact with either Anthony or Rick, even both. This sort of BS wont be tolerated.

Last edited:

bettingappguide

Reaction score
@bettingappguide - sorry to hear this, that sucks.

https://www.gpwa.org/member/canaryjohn (was last logged into GPWA Last Activity: 10 Nov 2020)

Seems like someone is ignoring you. It should only take 1 or 2 emails/PM's to get a reply. FYI... He's a private member, hence, I'd be making contact with either Anthony or Rick, even both. This sort of BS wont be tolerated.
Its an idea, but don't know what they can do.

Was hoping he would do the decent thing and send the money on to us.......but he hasnt

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Its an idea, but don't know what they can do.

Was hoping he would do the decent thing and send the money on to us.......but he hasnt

Only going on what I've read of posts by canaryjohn. Seems as of June 2020, cash was in short supply. He tried to sell one of his sites. Obviously that didn't sell, so I'm guessing, he then sold an affiliate account, which, you purchased in Sept.

As a betting man, I'd say the commission paid in error, is now spent, and canaryjohn is avoiding you, cause he can't pay.

Shit happens... Instead of running away per se, step up to the plate. If the cash has been spend, then work out a payment plan to return the commission payment. Going to ground ain't cool.

Maybe Anthony or Rick can't do jack... BUT, acting like this, isn't befitting a private member, so letting them know about it, could save others getting burnt, if canaryjohn decides to go rogue ;)

Last edited:

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
They are saying the new payment details didn't save

Was this due to the program's error? A fair/amicable solution is for the program to wear 50% of that error. You shouldn't have to wear 100% of that lose, given, the program admitted fault on their part.

Bet your bottom dollar if tables were turned, the program would be hounding you to make good on that lost payment ;)

Last edited:

bettingappguide

Reaction score
You'll never know BUT was this due to the program's error? A fair/amicable solution is for the program to wear 50% of that error. You shouldn't have to wear 100% of that lose, given, the program admitted fault on their part.

Bet your bottom dollar if tables were turned, the program would be hounding you to make good on that lost payment ;)
I'll message Anthony and see what he says.

They are saying the new details never saved, I did say I updated them but my word against theirs.

Even if they did save and was wrongly sent to him, he should do the decent thing and send them on to us, but as you point out he sounds like he's struggling for funds.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
he should do the decent thing and send them on to us

Agree 100%.

The site he put up for sale, actually did sell. Though, his excuse for sale, was a family member needed help. However, now it seems he was in the grips of a huge cash-flow problem. EG - the cash cupboard was empty. It can happen anyone in this gig. But and reiterating, don't go to ground if you owe someone cash. Reply to their email/PM and work something out. Most people are willing to make a deal, if... you genuinely put all cards on the table ;)

It's disappointing that canaryjohn has chosen to go silent!

DaftDog

Reaction score
CanaryJohn has had a bit of a shady reputation right from when he first joined AGD back in May 2016 and decided to defend AffPower as a reputable program. When he was accused of being a shill and asked to stop any further participation in a thread he promptly deleted all his posts. Fortunately some of these posts were quoted in replies so some trace remains.

https://www.affiliateguarddog.com/community/threads/affpower.9902/
https://www.affiliateguarddog.com/community/threads/affpower.9902/page-2#post-69917
https://www.affiliateguarddog.com/community/threads/affpower.9902/page-2#post-69946
https://www.affiliateguarddog.com/community/threads/affpower.9902/page-2#post-69996
https://www.affiliateguarddog.com/community/threads/affpower.9902/page-2#post-69999
https://www.affiliateguarddog.com/community/threads/affpower.9902/page-5#post-70091

bettingappguide

Reaction score
Agree 100%.

The site he put up for sale, actually did sell. Though, his excuse for sale, was a family member needed help. However, now it seems he was in the grips of a huge cash-flow problem. EG - the cash cupboard was empty. It can happen anyone in this gig. But and reiterating, don't go to ground if you owe someone cash. Reply to their email/PM and work something out. Most people are willing to make a deal, if... you genuinely put all cards on the table ;)

It's disappointing that canaryjohn has chosen to go silent!
Yes totally. Id much rather him reply and say sorry I cant pay all in one go, I can pay xx a month and do it that way.

CanaryJohn

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm not ignoring you.. your emails have went to junk.

My inbox on GPWA is full so I didn't receive anything from you there.

okay so 900 EUR

what is this about... Alex I have not received 900EUR from anyone.

Please get in touch with Ultrapartners... they are pulling some sort of fast one over you.
I will not be talked about like this is. Absolutely disgraceful to treat someone like this when they are already in a bad situation.

Insider

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm not ignoring you.. your emails have went to junk.

My inbox on GPWA is full so I didn't receive anything from you there.

okay so 900 EUR

what is this about... Alex I have not received 900EUR from anyone.

Please get in touch with Ultrapartners... they are pulling some sort of fast one over you.
I will not be talked about like this is. Absolutely disgraceful to treat someone like this when they are already in a bad situation.

You mean you haven't received the commission although the statement is that the money was gone to the address with the old payment details ?

Ultrapartners said that the changes wasn't safed but they are the only one who could provide evidence in collabration with payment provider.

After reading some posts i don't want to judge too quickly about you because the possibillity consists that the payment has disappeared in other channels.

Regarding full inbox you could have deleted some posts. But now you have answered and tell us that you haven't recieved the money from Ultrapartners. This is now another point and should now call UP on the scene to explain or to proove.

I don't know which version is the truth and hope that the situation can be solved quickly in the interest of "bettingappguide".

It's important for the credibility of you and UP.

CanaryJohn

Reaction score
After heated discussions with Ultrapartners it seems it is them at fault and not the OP.

I will give it till January. I will keep pushing them to resolve the matter.

If by then they have not finally got the account up to date I will grudgingly cover the loss because it is the right thing to do.

NOT because I have done anything wrong. I have not.

Jean Bernard

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
Hello.

We paid the exact amount based on the payment details that they provided at Ultra Partners at the payment date.
The proof of payment was sent to the 2 parts.

Best Regards
Jean Bernard
Affiliate manager at UltraPartners.

Jean Bernard

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
Hello.

Yes of course , the one which was provided on our platform.
The new one was updated only the October 5th afternoon, the payment was sent already the 05 October in the morning.
Affiliates have to update the new details before the end of each calendar month.

Best Regards
Jean Bernard.

bettingappguide

Reaction score
Seems like the payment went to CanaryJohn and he needs to pay the funds to the new site owner, who was also at fault for not updating the payment method in a timely manner.
As mentioned in the opening post, we updated our details and for whatever reason (be it our error in not saving correctly, or an error on the back end of the system) they didn't save. Hence the payment sent to the old payment details.