UFC Fight This Weekend!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
So, who is going to take/keep the Heavyweight title? If you are unaware of the UFC 116 event this weekend, it is a huge fight between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin. Many UFC (I would say most) just detest Brock and the odds have really shown that Shane Carwin is the favorite.

UFC 116 Predictions

Now - don't laugh... I have some interesting picks there :) I'm really hoping Shane takes out Lesnar... but I would never bet that way. Brock is just toooooo fast, IMO.

Anyway, tons of good fights, if anyone is interested in the UFC start posting your picks.

Last edited:

HBKKH

AGD Member Ltd
Reaction score
Lesnar at 1.65. I could see my self laying some $ down on Carwin.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah man, Carwin has more than a chance at this one. He is a wrestler just like Brock. Brock is faster, but if Carwin can keep him standing, he will win (IMO).

It's gonna be a huge fight and a great fight card! Only 12 hours until show-time!

CGP

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hey, nice to see fans of UFC here. Shane Carwin is my winner for this fight. He has more experience in MMA than Lesnar Brock and managed to eliminate all his opponents till now (12 wins, 7 by knockout and 5 by submission). I guess this fight will finish in the first round.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, nice to see fans of UFC here. Shane Carwin is my winner for this fight. He has more experience in MMA than Lesnar Brock and managed to eliminate all his opponents till now (12 wins, 7 by knockout and 5 by submission). I guess this fight will finish in the first round.

I think you are right if Brock decides to stand with Carwin... but if Brock gets him to the ground, I don't see Shane doing as well. Brock is dominant on the ground even with the minor experience.

This is simply going to be an awesome fight either way and I am definitely pulling for Shane!

HBKKH

AGD Member Ltd
Reaction score
Just put a little $ on shane to make things interesting

bonusgeek

Reaction score
My money was on Carwin, thought we had it locked up in that first round. Wow is all I can say - I don't know how anyone can survive that kind of punishment. Brock is a friggin mac truck.

triple777s

Reaction score
So who won? It sounds like Brock did, and he is the only one i know....from his wrestling days, my son loved him. Haven 't see him in the MMA, so how bad was the punishment and who got punished?

bonusgeek

Reaction score
Hey Pat, yea Brock won by submission in the 2nd. The first round was all Carwin throwing bombs and Brock covering up.

HBKKH

AGD Member Ltd
Reaction score
Carwin had him. some great submissions. overall a classic ufc