Traffic from India - is it all junk?

Discussion in 'General Casino Affiliate Area' started by Engineer, Oct 13, 2017.

  1.  
    Engineer

    Engineer Super Moderator

    Messages:
    2,493
    Likes Received:
    252
    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2006
    Has anyone ever seen a depositing player from India, or is the the traffic from there mostly junk? Bots, scrapers, content thieves, etc.?
     
  2.  
    Bonus Paradise

    Bonus Paradise Affiliate Guard Dog Member

    Messages:
    766
    Likes Received:
    120
    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2008
    Most of them are just trying to spam. At least this is what I see on my forum.
     
    Engineer likes this.
  3.  
    Engineer

    Engineer Super Moderator

    Messages:
    2,493
    Likes Received:
    252
    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2006
    Recently I've seen a lot of page views in a short time span (100+ pages in 5 minutes), and also a few referring URLs from Upwork and Fiverr (from Indian IPs). Gee, I wonder what they could be up to.... :rolleyes:
     
    Bonus Paradise likes this.
  4.  
    LandofOz

    LandofOz Affiliate Guard Dog Member

    Messages:
    567
    Likes Received:
    194
    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2009
    I blocked all Indian traffic a few weeks ago.
     
    Engineer likes this.
  5.  
    bonustreak

    bonustreak Administrator Staff Member

    Messages:
    3,941
    Likes Received:
    377
    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2006
    We blocked India years ago, they are spammers and bots
     
    KasinoKing, TheGooner and Engineer like this.
  6.  
    Engineer

    Engineer Super Moderator

    Messages:
    2,493
    Likes Received:
    252
    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2006
    Thanks guys -- that's what I suspected, and now I've gone ahead and blocked them as well.

    If you are an affiliate manager based in India and need to view my sites for some reason, PM me.
     
  7.  
    TheGooner

    TheGooner Affiliate Guard Dog Member

    Messages:
    454
    Likes Received:
    383
    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2013
    This. And Ukraine too.

    To answer the OP - We did once get a sizable player from India at a casino - around 2000 euros revenue over three months.
    But I'm prepared to forego that possibility just to bounce the spammers and scrapers.
     
    Engineer likes this.
  8.  
    jopaa

    jopaa Affiliate Guard Dog Member

    Messages:
    401
    Likes Received:
    83
    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2011
    I blocked Ukraine too on most of my websites but a couple of years ago, a big Ukrainian player landed on one of my "non blocked" websites and lost almost €15.000 in one day playing slots. You never know! It might be that 99% of the traffic is junk and the remaining 1% brings you some good money .
     
    Engineer likes this.
  9.  
    woltran

    woltran working day :)

    Messages:
    51
    Likes Received:
    17
    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2009
    I think traffic from india is not good, block it or sell it to some PPC
     
  10.  
    Joonas

    Joonas Member

    Messages:
    39
    Likes Received:
    8
    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2017
    I'm sure we can't generalise that all traffic from India is bad. I'd assume the real challenge lies with finding the valuable keywords and right partners in the market. Considering the size of its population, it's kind of expected to have a volume of non-valuable traffic.
     
    hyppere likes this.

Share This Page