Total Eclipse of the...

slotplayer

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
there was a really good live version I used to play, can't find it anymore though.

I think its this one

Last edited:

LA-Martyn

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
Engineer you big softie!!

SlotPlayer, nothing was ever live on Top of the Pops. Almost every artist that played in the studio mimed, they got slated for it in later years then changed their stance on it. I think they said that artists couldn't perform a good show and sing their best while dancing around.

Good song though. :)

LA-Martyn

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
This is a game changer, not sure which I like best now?

slotplayer

Reaction score
That song is the first thing that came to mind when the hype over the eclipse started. I guess sales skyrocketed.

"Turn around, bright eyes — ahead of the Great American Eclipse, Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" has reached the number one spot on iTunes. On streaming platform Spotify, "Total Eclipse of the Heart" saw a 2,859% increase in the U.S. and an 827% globally."

LandofOz

Reaction score
I haven't heard this song in many years :)

Betivity

Reaction score
nice ode to the actual eclipse(which I didn't even get to see). Now you got me listening to an 80s playlist on Spotify!

slotplayer

Reaction score
That song stuck in my head for a week.

Not sure how many have Sirius radio in their vehicles but there is a 2 week free promo going on. So much clearer than FM broadcast.
Kinda like the new Beatles channel that came out a while back.

Engineer

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LOL, me too. No wonder it was such a huge hit back in the day.

We had free XM for a while, but in our car it actually sounds worse than regular FM. Something to do with an energy-saving amp in the car -- it cuts the quality and makes it sound no better than AM.

We had only a partial eclipse where I live, but it was still pretty cool. I poked small, round holes through a piece of cardboard from a cereal box, which allowed light to shine through the holes onto the driveway. At first the spots of light were round, but as the eclipse progressed, the spots turned to crescents.

bsilva028

Reaction score
youtube.com/ watch?v=TWDFVH8zfAw

panflute version
can´t post links yet

slotplayer

Reaction score
LOL, me too. No wonder it was such a huge hit back in the day.

We had free XM for a while, but in our car it actually sounds worse than regular FM. Something to do with an energy-saving amp in the car -- it cuts the quality and makes it sound no better than AM.

We had only a partial eclipse where I live, but it was still pretty cool. I poked small, round holes through a piece of cardboard from a cereal box, which allowed light to shine through the holes onto the driveway. At first the spots of light were round, but as the eclipse progressed, the spots turned to crescents.

Had the partial eclipse to but didn't bother. I saw one when I was a kid.