So much spam lately!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Man, I have been working overtime to keep spam off of all my forums :( It's very strange because they are all from posters who have had an account for months and months with no posts :(

Hard to stop that, so I guess I will keep deleting them!

WagerX

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I have a forum on exchange-articles.com. On that forum it is a real pain. I have to constantly remove posts from scum spammers. It takes me about 15 minutes to do it a day, but the site only gets 1% non spammers. I'm am seriously considering shutting the site down due to the cost vs. the benefit I get from having it.

It seems like the spam bots do one or two decent posts in the beginning, and then just go wild on the older threads. One solution is to approve all of the posts,, but then the site would not be real time representation. That would put a damper on things for sure.

Don't let your guard down (pardon the pun) on the spammers. Once word gets around that AGD is spammer friendly then you will be flooded with spam.

WCD Admin

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
TOTALLY TRUE --- you can probably go to a pay-per-post site (they usually have moderators) and you could hire them to ONLY delete spam probably pretty cheap.... ? just an idea, but you might be worried about letting someone have that type of access.