slotstory.com stealing content

Frank

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score

i-man

Reaction score
They are also using your affiliate link and they are linking to other pages too. Could be automated because no affiliate who wants to make money would do such thing.

slotstorycom

Reaction score
Just found these guys scraping my review pages.. so far quite a few.. have a feeling they have probably copied over 1000 pages.. not sure yet still checking.. here are some examples

Hi. Please write a full list of copied pages to slotstory0 @ gmail.com and they will be erased immediately.

jopaa

Reaction score
This website even has a DMCA seal in the footer. What a joke ... Protect the stolen content from being copied by others :D

Frank

Reaction score
I have 1000+ slot reviews... are you serious? you know it's a good enough reason to get your site dei-ndexed with a manual penalty right?

slotstorycom

Reaction score
I have 1000+ slot reviews... are you serious? you know it's a good enough reason to get your site dei-ndexed with a manual penalty right?
sorry for inconvenience. i'll check every single post, and if it will be taken from your site - it will be erased. To exhaust conflict i can suggest you a couple of articles in blog section, if you want. We will write unique artilce and place any link to any page .
If you agreed - please write me here slotstory0@gmail*com

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is what happens when CMS's like WP etc, allow the masses (without any programming skills) to throw up a site. In cases such as this, ethics and respect for other affiliate's hard-work, means nothing.

sorry for inconvenience.

lo-f'ng-l... o_O

Last edited:

forumsaddict_reboot

Reaction score
There should be a section on Affiliate Guard Dog to list sites that use botnets to steal content. Most of these lead back to Ukraine and Russia.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
There should be a section on Affiliate Guard Dog to list sites that use botnets to steal content. Most of these lead back to Ukraine and Russia.

Botnets make up literally millions of compromised computers/IP's. I hear what your saying, but I don't see how adding this info is going to actually help affiliates. And, even if that resource was available, what are folks supposed to do with it?

I take the proactive approach, anything that comes thru my sites that's suspect is blocked. I do that before they even reach the home page, or any page of my sites. I've also blocked entire countries using Maxmind IPV4 and IPV6. In addition to that, also block spoofed UA's, and Google cache, and removed RSS from WP. Nothing is 100%, but... these days most nefarious garbage is automated, and with what I do, that seems to stop a high % of the crap.

Edit:
Also have honeypots, these catch those bastards, and get reported.
Have also in past used StopForumSpam, while that's mainly for forums, one can also use that info to block sh#t from one's site.

icium

Reaction score
Dont worry if they steal your content with your affiliate links :)