RWD (Responsive Web Design) - Who is dong it?

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many in this industry are even taking advantage of RWD (Responsive Web Design), so thought I would ask. The point of RWD is both to ensure your site is responsive to requests (fast) as well as adaptable to form-factor (computer, tablet, phone). There are a ton of different frameworks out there to create such a site, but some experience is required as well. I'm in the middle of an RWD development and hoping to roll it out in the next 3 weeks. It will drastically change the look of: Rival Slots | Online Slots | Rival Online Slots Machines... but we will all agree.. it needed a facelift :)

So - let me know if you are looking into or have completed any such RWD projects with your gaming sites, would love to hear from experienced new technology adopters!

slotplayer

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many in this industry are even taking advantage of RWD (Responsive Web Design), so thought I would ask. The point of RWD is both to ensure your site is responsive to requests (fast) as well as adaptable to form-factor (computer, tablet, phone). There are a ton of different frameworks out there to create such a site, but some experience is required as well. I'm in the middle of an RWD development and hoping to roll it out in the next 3 weeks. It will drastically change the look of: Rival Slots | Online Slots | Rival Online Slots Machines... but we will all agree.. it needed a facelift :)

So - let me know if you are looking into or have completed any such RWD projects with your gaming sites, would love to hear from experienced new technology adopters!

I was just thinking of how I would implement that today for a domain I have.
right now the only response I have on my site is it swaps in a different style sheet based on screen res.
you would not believe how bad many affiliate sites look in really high res. The fonts are way too small for example. The nav menu is way too narrow.

societyofslots

Reaction score
I thought RWD stood for Really Weird Design.. I thought that was the look you were going for with your rivalslots site ;D

jopaa

Reaction score
I have done the whole proccess on some of my websites. It looks well now and I've saw an increment of mobile users. It seems that google likes it either. If you want to take a look I will send you a link via PM.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I have done the whole proccess on some of my websites. It looks well now and I've saw an increment of mobile users. It seems that google likes it either. If you want to take a look I will send you a link via PM.

Send me a link, would love to see it on phone, tablet, and computer.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Joppa has a very nice website, works great on tablet, phone, and computer. That's pretty much what I am looking for :) I certainly hope I get that!! If I do, I'll talk to the folks about becoming an 'AGD Approved' or 'AGD Certified' resource. I'm thinking that we all need a location on AGD to have this type of thing... I'm not sure how to go about it yet, but I think having a place to look for VERY good programmers, graphics people, etc would be very beneficial to us all.

Any thoughts on that?

jopaa

Reaction score
That website is built on genesis framework by studiopress. Just google it.

baldidiot

Reaction score
Fixed width all the way for me - otherwise my tables go all wonky :/

slotplayer

Reaction score
you should always use fixed-width for table data layout, it greatly speeds up rendering.
Nested tables take the longest to render and should be avoided.

they probabally go all wonky without it because the cell width would have to specifically set.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
RWD isn't really much about table and fixed width, though :) Fixed width does not lend itself to multiple platforms and resolutions. I am talking about frameworks like: Gumby, Skeleton, Columnal, Bootstrap... other CSS5 frameworks.

societyofslots

Reaction score
No offense but that template looks like it will be a nightmare to keep updated with fresh content. And the centre of the page is kinda pointless, pointing to the sides with the content "latest posts" etc

its a miss for me :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
No offense but that template looks like it will be a nightmare to keep updated with fresh content. And the centre of the page is kinda pointless, pointing to the sides with the content "latest posts" etc

its a miss for me :)

No worries :) It is what I am going with. I designed it myself for the purpose of making the site more slots-focused. Maybe it will convert like crap. The center sides are not latest posts, but are votes for best slot from my central database and then the most searched slots on the site. Hopefully it works for me, a bit worried now.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Hard to say... I'm taking what was a very successful site (even though ugly) and creating it into something for all platforms (mobile, tablet, computer). It could completely tank the SE traffic for all I know... and could tank the conversions. I can only hope it helps.

slotplayer

Reaction score
Hard to say... I'm taking what was a very successful site (even though ugly) and creating it into something for all platforms (mobile, tablet, computer). It could completely tank the SE traffic for all I know... and could tank the conversions. I can only hope it helps.

what software did you settle on using?

slotplayer

Reaction score
looks decent, you don't want to maybe reduce the logo, slide it left and put the search box at the top right next to subscribe instead of the very bottom?

The font type for the 3 test slots (Viking Age, etc) is not too clear but I assume you're aware of it.