Questions about defending against crawlers and bots and about /feed

shmiro

Reaction score
Hi all, i hope you are all well.
lately we had quite a few crawlers and bots visiting our website, and i remember reading something about
how they could inject links into your website and damage it severely.
some of the crawlers who visited our website were:

site4.free-floating-buttons.com / referral
qualitymarketzone.com / referral
get-free-social-traffic.com / referral
Get-Free-Traffic-Now.com / referral

while searching the web i came across many guides of how to deal with them analytics wise.

my questions are:
Do any of those crawlers or bots possess real threat?
can they harm your website google- wise? maybe by seeing refers from suspicious websites.
What can someone do to protect his websites from those crawlers and bots who posses real threat, is there something proactive we can do?

another question is i've been noticing that google crawlers are trying to access /feed page although my website does not have that kind of page. what should i do to correct the matter? should i restrict access to the /feed page through .htaccess or something else?

Thank you for being here and for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Frank

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
No they cannot inject links into your website.. unless your site has been comprised.. you can use cloudflare to eliminate a lot of threats as a simple solution.. even then I still get hundreds of basic hack attacks daily.. just make sure you run some good security software.. blocking bots manually would take forever

shmiro

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer.
Could u recommend on a good security software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDG

Reaction score
If you are running on Wordpress, you can use the free version of the Wordfence
plugin to block referrers from these sites. Also, they help to block hack attempts.

bobby sand

Reaction score
As far as I'm aware these are something that can also be referred as ghost referrals, they hit random UA numbers in analytics without ever actually visiting your site. I think you can create a segment to remove this referral spam,but they won't be comprimising your security