Push Notifications

Thomas Andreas

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Question. How many of you guys have tried push notifications? What is your opinion about them? Worth implementing?
See a boost in traffic, engagement from this or rather people being annoying finding it spammy?
be great to have some opinions about this and get a conversation going.
I have been never tried it, but been thinking about it on and off so figured I get your feedback on this before going ahead with it... or not :)

Thanks!

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
hmm, that sounds indeed shitty. but wouldnt you say it gives you an additional opportunity to get closer to the customer...

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
and actually, I tried. The first day I had 20 people signing up to my push notifications. Got a bit excited. then when I made my first push 18 of them left. lol :confused:

Biti

Reaction score
Difficult to determine.

It depends on what kind of messages you push. Good offers deliver good amounts of NDP's here, but usually low-quality traffic. We use it to trigger CPA's or complete a quota if necessary.

Of course, many people also find it annoying. Almost daily we get complaints about how to unsubscribe for these messages or that people don't want these messages anymore.

Not every message is good to push. If you push many irrelevant things, people might unsubscribe fastly.

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
Any thoughts on how often to do a push. Like once per week. twice per week... more / less?

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
that is the one I tried. OneSignal plugin.
It covers what you need. at least it did for me.
good luck

Biti

Reaction score
Any thoughts on how often to do a push. Like once per week. twice per week... more / less?

That depends.

People interested in news or analysis, want a notification when something is relevant. People interested in bonuses want bonuses. I try some deposit bonuses around paydays and the week after. Between that, keep people entertained with some free spins bonuses or things like that.

NDG

Reaction score
I've considered adding push notifications to our sites, but personally.. I find them annoying.
I don't want to annoy our visitors.. especially since we have a lot of repeat visitors to our sites.

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
I've considered adding push notifications to our sites, but personally.. I find them annoying.
I don't want to annoy our visitors.. especially since we have a lot of repeat visitors to our sites.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I find them very annoying too. Like Biti said. only send relevant push notifications. Of course the problem is if you have a lot of signups people might be interested in different things. Is it an article, a deposit offer, a free bonus offer etc. Whatever it might be, I wouldnt send more than 2 push per week - and then try to mix it up a bit. Biti, do you have a different opinion?

Biti

Reaction score
Nope. If you have 2 relevant things a week, then 2 push notifications a week. People are ok with it, as long as it's relevant. And if it's not, they'll unsubscribe for the push notifications. A mail is just a mail in the mailbox, a push notification appears on their computer screen or mobile screen. More effective, but people get bothered also more quickly.

I do agree it might be annoying for some people that question if they want push notifications or not. Personally, I am ok with one such a question when I visit a website, but I do find it annoying when I open a website and I get a cookie message, a push notification question, a newsletter pop-up, and some ads.

Once replied no, people don't get the question anymore (or they must clear their cookies). So, normally, it wouldn't bother returning visitors.

JuegosPalacio

Reaction score
Well, we all never suscribe to them, right? as a user, we never do BUT there is always a chance someone could do it. In Sigma SEO conference they mentioned and said that is a very good idea even if you get less than 10% of good results. I'd give it a try.