PROTHEOS Themes - Next Generation Affiliate Themes ~ [Responsivo 1.0]

Biti

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Options to add text at places was very limited, we had issues with displaying the right things in the side bar, sometimes things were not displayed the right way, it was difficult to translate / modify some things.

Obviously made by programmers going for a good looking design (which it is), but not understanding what's really needed in the backend.

Mich17

Reaction score
Well hopefully if they ever do decide to do another theme, they can look here for ideas and improvements. I'd certainly buy it if it looked good and was easy enough to use.

Alternatively, you can select this themes: Flytonic, VegasHero and Mercury WordPress Theme by Space-Themes.

BetOnlineUK

Reaction score
I thought Vegashero was their next project to come out from these guys. I could be wrong, but I thought it was a very basic looking theme with little functionality.

Biti

Reaction score
I've experience with both Vegashero and Flytonic.

Vegashero not made by Protheos. I've tried it and I was not impressed. It's very basic and basically it's just the feature to load free games. I've found it very non-flexible to use. Also editing tables, etc is not very efficient.

Flytonic does look a bit outdated, but it's a bit the contrary of Vegashero and Responsivo. It looks outdated, but in the backend it's efficient and logical.

No experience with Mercury, but first, quick look gives me the idea it's way too messy. I also do not like the frontpage. No idea if that can be modified, but if this is the way it's presented...

I am going to try Pokatheme v2.

Bet1015

Reaction score
Has anyone had any recent contact with the support team at protheosthemes.com/ for the
ResponsivoVersion: 1.2.5
By Protheos Themes

I use it for two of my sites but I have noticed their website link has been down for a while now.

Thanks,

Andy

Reaction score
On first look at this theme, I like the boldness of it. I think I could definitely work with it

Did you buy it - any comments?

I have used v1 and I am very happy with page speed, SEO and the support. I can only asssume v2 is equally good.

Alexisss

Reaction score
Did you buy it - any comments?

I have used v1 and I am very happy with page speed, SEO and the support. I can only asssume v2 is equally good.

I never used v1, but did purchase v2 (with a heavy discount) a while back. The support is slow, had some issues but managed to resolve myself. As for the theme itself, I need to invest quite a bit of time to customize it, the backend is functional but don't expect the same flexibility as you get from flytonic.

Reaction score
I never used v1, but did purchase v2 (with a heavy discount) a while back. The support is slow, had some issues but managed to resolve myself. As for the theme itself, I need to invest quite a bit of time to customize it, the backend is functional but don't expect the same flexibility as you get from flytonic.

Yes I agree on you in regards to the backend. I contacted them and thet wanted to make quite some changes without charging me so thats why I appreciatethe support.

Jetman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am trying to resurrect this thread regarding the Responsivo theme. I have been using this theme for quite some time, and I have been pretty satisfied by it's performance. But now I have ran into some major issues and I really hope someone here can help me solve this problem.

So before anything else, I have tried to contact the the owner several times in order to get some help, but like some of you already mentioned, he is not responding to any queries, so I need to resort to other means.

The problem is that the main (multi) toplist has a bug which does not allow me to upgrade wordpress to the latest version, because afterwards I am not able to adjust the toplist anymore. The toplist is "broken". Trying to adjust anything on the toplist is impossible after the wordpress upgrade, as I am not able to remove or add or change the position of any brands promoted on that multi toplist.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and of so, do you know a solution to it? I would be very grateful to get rid of this issue!

Best regards,

Jetman

DaftDog

Reaction score
Sorry, I can't help, but you can try and find a coder who may assist on Fiverr, Freelancer.com and other such sites. I would recommend buying a WordPress theme that has a yearly update fee to, hopefully, prevent your current predicament from recurring.

NDG

Reaction score
Exactly what DD said. I would probably hire a coder to fix the issue in the theme.

If you are going to use a theme that is free or a one-time payment, then the day will eventually
come when the owner of the theme disappears and you need to hire a coder to customize it for you.

Jetman

Reaction score
DaftDog & NDG,

Thank you guys, for the input. Agreed regarding one time payment for a template, lesson learned. I bought it a long time ago, and never realised it would become an issue, so much later down the road.

I guess I need to go and look for a developer, someone trustworthy, as I find it quite nerve wrecking to allow some guy from Fiverr to gain access to the backend.

Frank

Reaction score
I saw your problem so updated mine to see if the same happened, it works fine however the code of my site has been changed massively as i have many extra backend features, what is the problem exactly? and are you caching when logged in? have you tried disabling plugins?

Jetman

Reaction score
@DaftDog: Thank you so much for providing that link! I am going to have a look at those guys if I dont manage on short term.

@Frank: So your multi-toplist is working fine after the wordpress update? You are able to move around brands on it? That is exactly my problem, I am not able to modify the multi-toplist in any way after updating wordpress, actually, it has been like that for a few wordpress updates already.

I am sure I haven't disabled plugins after updating, and I do have a cache plugin installed, so I am going to take these suggestions into account and try again, many thanks so far to both of you.