Pokerstars Wants Affiliates to Pay for Operational Costs

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Pokerstars have retroactively changed their terms and conditions such that Operational costs are now shared by affiliates. This includes both legal costs and branding costs.

TERMS UPDATE, COMMISSIONS STRUCTURE, CALCULATION

1.1. When used in this Agreement, each of the following terms shall have the meaning attributed to it below:
(a) ”Commission” shall have the meaning given to it in Section 4.1 below. (b) ”CPA Commission” means commission calculated on the basis of the number of Qualified Poker Players per month. (c) ”Effective Date” shall mean the date of you executing this Agreement. (d) ”Expenses” shall mean freerolls, bonuses or promotional amounts given to the player, uncollectible revenues (including any charge-backs, payment reversals etc.), a fixed cost (representing the average redeem value of each FPP) designated by Rational to each FPP earned by a player , a fixed amount for legal , branding and operational costs , and/or reasonable payment processing services charges that are paid by Rational to third parties in respect of the player’s deposits and cashouts.

NOTE: Revenue Calculation is defined as:

(i) ”Revenue Share” means commission calculated on the basis of monthly Gross Revenue less monthly Expenses.

Summary:This cost should NOT be handed down to affiliates, especially in a retroactive fashion.
Pokerstars Wants Affiliates to Pay for Operational Costs

Pokerkeep

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
So.... they already changed the CPA threshold from 100 FPP's to 250 and now they're adding service charges (expenses) to the mix! Last straw for me!! They're coming off my sites.

GFPC

BWIN IS ROGUE
Reaction score
Poker Stars is (edit) really hurting affiliates!!

Good for you Terry - they are destroying their relationships with affiliates.

I think i will follow you soon. As i get time I will remove them as well.

May i suggest Terry - do a redirect from your Poker Stars page to another room..

Maybe note in your Poker Stars page - that they have become UNFRIENDLY.

If we all stop promoting them it may kick them off their thrown.

Greed will only hurt STARS!

Last edited:

nitro

Banned
Reaction score
If we all stop promoting them it may kick them off their thrown.

This is pretty much senseless because a company of this size and exposure is already too deeply entrenched in the public consciousness and it didn't even work for grand prive. The way to go here is targeting smaller operations that are connected to pokerstars and heavily reliant on affiliate traffic.

Pokerkeep

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Since there are no other sites/operations connected to Stars.... I guess that idea won't work.
BTW - the GP battle is far from over.

nitro

Banned
Reaction score
Your idea will not work either (in terms of changing the behaviour of Pokerstars) so you have to look for new ones...