Outgoing and Inner Link Ratio

Discussion in 'Site / Search Engine Optimization' started by hcgroup, Nov 23, 2017.

hcgroup

hcgroup Member

Hello Guys,

What is the optimum ratio of outgoing and inner links in the posts and pages?

Is there a golden ratio for it?

Thanks

Affenmensch

Affenmensch New Member

Hey,

I think it depends a lot on the content.
    When you write an article and have 3 to 4 different links in it, it is usually an indicator, that you have sold a link and use more links to cover the bought one. That works well for now.
    When you write an article about a specific product, better just link to the producers site and maybe to a competitor, that makes it look more legit.
    You can play a bit with the internal links, as long as you do not spam your own page using the same target links over and over, it shouldn't be a problem.
    I usually do 2 or 3 internal links every 1000 words, but i guess that is just me, others would maybe suggest more or less.

Rick Perry

Rick Perry AGD Member Ltd

I'd use common sense - everything should have a purpose, so it is not about optimal ratio..

It looks like a BS, but
    1. Think about the user's search intent, what he wants to know, to find, to accomplish..
    2. Try to write good pieces of content and link outgoing and inner links to give him a value.

When you love what you do and/or you are good at it, it is really fun. When you don't, it's a nightmare :eek: